Zero's B-roll techs

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
In this thread I'll post snapshots (and maybe saves) of builds I quite like but didn't make the cut for the workshop.

I'm trying not to clutter the front page too much, given that most the items I post get up there...:oops: I might change my mind and post some of these up there too, if they prove popular.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
My version of a Boeing AH-6 (Attack Helicopter). A more campaign friendly (i.e. combat capable) version of my mostly Hawkeye OH-6 (here on the workshop).

ZG AH_6 Attack Heli.png

The Venture cabs are the fuel source for the boosters and it has only a repair bubble, so using the lasers may be a fun challenge. Customised control scheme included with the default helicopter scheme.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
"Cloud Coyote" - A more stable minor variant of my original "AirWolf" posted here to this com-core thread and here on the workshop.

The BF Single Axis Gyro has been replace with a single BF Aall-Aaxis Gyro. This stops it toppling forwards/backwards and allows more noticable roll control (for strafing). Controler block underneath for Repair Bubble on/off.

Cloud Coyote.png

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
"B-1B Lancer" - a WIP build I gave up on because I couldn't get the shape of the nose end to look satisfactory in the smooth BF style I was going for. It's a functional bomber plane that requires use of thrusters to hold altitude (so it's not especially user friendly).

ZG B_1B Lancer.png

Based on this super sonic variable swept wing plane:

DSC4115.jpg

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
"Рейдер"- translates from Russian as "Raider". Not my build! Found in the Twitter tab of the tech loader, I've been unable to track down the original post or author. Posted here only for reference.

A very fun tech to drive over sand dunes and hills, with just the right amount of drift in the back end, thanks to the glorious F1 wheels and tactically positioned adjustment thrusters.

Рейдер.png

My overhauled version of this was posted here to the dev's com-core thread and here on the workshop.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
"ZG AI plane 1z" - also submitted to this com-core. Technically its a hover tech, but it moves a lot like a plane and will glide off the top of hills. Hover bug in the rear keeps it moving forwards at speed most of the time. Venture dual auto-canons are intended to help turn the tech towards it's target when firing.

It's a little like a "Brawler" from Total Annihilation, with the bullet spam and hovering, but more of a delta wing configuration.

ZG AI plane 1z.png

I'll be posting another, similar design (which I prefer) to the the workshop at some point. Hence this is a B-Class tech.

Edit 2019-10-09: Alternate version with GSO wings and missile launchers posted to the workshop.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
This one's more of a bare-bones prototype than a B-roll. A crafting setup that a forum user PM'd me to request.

It makes 50% more profit from harvesting and selling trees, but is far bigger than a setup that just refines and requires repeated anchoring to get the Component Factories to do their thing (so kinda pointless):

ZG TreeSaleOptimiser.png

You set the rear Component Factory to repeat craft Rugged Fibulars and the side one to Fiberwood Plates (to feed it). At 5 wood (total) to 1 rubber, it fits quite closely the ratio you get from trees.

You have to anchor up to use it each time the node silo fills with 10 rubber, so you loose time that you could have been roving about harvesting more trees. Instead, you could probably double up on collectors, refineries and delivery canons without this added complexity. That would probably still be lighter, too, because the CFs weigh a lot.

Last edited:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
This is actually a *superior* version of the "Рейдер Mod1" currently on the workshop front page.

ZG Рейдер Mod1n.png

I found that the Venture shield bubbles are about 6 times more energy efficient at absorbing damage than the Better Future one. This is so extreme that it's almost always going to be better to use them. Even though they give less buffer zone against explosive damage, the repair bubbles are also so efficient and fast as to cope with most volleys that don't one-shot.

Other improvements: much hardened nose. 3rd Orb Booster gives even faster top speed and far less nose lift.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
"PygmyElephant" - A strong little general purpose late game runabout, 3/4 the size and price of my "MaraudingElephant" here on the Workshop.

ZG PygmyElephant.png

It was an earlier iteration from the (above) "Рейдер" Raider/racer, with battleship canons added for superior stopping power against bigger enemy techs. Very similar firepower, battery power and recharging capabilities. Significantly slower cruising and boost speed, but tighter turning circle.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Cluster missile "Dropship 2q" - the apotheosis of stacking way too many cluster missile launchers together with wings on. Roughly double the firepower of the "ZG Cluster Dropship" posted here on the workshop (a year ago).

It's only just viable in flight - looses altitude fairly fast if banking hard. Roll edge-on to enemies to allow missiles from top and bottom to reach them without hitting the plane.

I skipped out loading this at the end of crafting playthrough episode 6, due to major time overrun. So here you go! ;)

Dropship 2q.png