Zed's Tech Zoo

Discussion in 'Techs' started by Zed, Dec 29, 2016.

Tags:
?

How Effective was the Zed Mk I when you encountered it Ingame?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2017.
  1. I have not encountered the Zed Mk I yet.

100.0%
  2. The Zed Mk I Crushed me like an Egg.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It was a close fight, but I eventually destroyed the Zed Mk I

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Zed Mk I was too easy since it has very limited Shielding.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I ran away from the Zed Mk I and it is still patrolling in my campaign.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I loaded the Zed Mk I In the R&D Module to test its effectiveness.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

A Larger Variant of the Zed Interloper; the Zed Obtruder mk1 has better maneuverability and fuel storage capabilities with sufficient firepower to penetrate single shield bubble blocks on enemy techs with its central array of Railguns and will happily burn parts off of shielded techs with its array of Reaper X1 Flamethrowers.

https://mygrab.it/grab/Jfi8txoCm2aMxILs1Cmk
    https://mygrab.it/grab/aLbYkLPcMxggCVXAfvCR

(attempted two grabbits; both reporting http:502. (Will reupload to grabbit later.)

Zed Obtruder mk11.png

Legionite likes this.
  2. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Somewhat Similar to the Small Factory; The Compact Factory mk7 is more fully featured, far more symmetrical and capable of switching to scrapping mode while clearing or retaining its current inventory of Raw, Refined, or Component Chunks independently. By Default, the Company Factory mk7 will also consume Tree-Based Resources missed / overlooked during production for either additional Block Bucks or as fuel. Any Items Produced or Purchased will be automatically collected by the Venture SCU located Aft.

To Switch into Scrapping mode, Activate the two "None" filter conveyors near the GSO oscillating lamp; To Clear Inventory of the Lotsa Silos activate their respective "None" Filter Conveyors Individually.

Compact Factory mk73.png

3. Lyons

Lyons Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Kebab Kingdom

hey i tried putting one of these techs into my game and they are all jpgs

4. Lyons

hey with the whole gyros thing you should only use them on one wheeled flying techs b/c i tried recreating a guys plane to have batteries (which i have done to a lot of planes) and it only had one wheel and it is very hard to take off without gyros (this is just a scout) No gun scout.png

5. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

When I right click on the smaller images (thumbnails) and open them in a new tab from the new tab I can then right click to save as; within that dialogue box it defaults to saving a .png for e in opera win7; let me know if that works for you.

6. Lyons

ok thx

7. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

While awaiting for 0.7.4 to drop I've begun going through my blueprints and came upon my first attempt at a flying harvester a while back so I decided to revisit the concept; This GeoCorp Locust is the result:

Flies well full or empty but is a hard lander; with a level cruising speed of 90mph this harvester should make hunting for Ignite a little less time consuming.

GeoCorp Locust1.png

Edit:

As a result of a rebalancing of the mechanics governing hover heights an updated version has been created for 0.7.5 which is the Geo Locust Mk4 depicted below which restores the original flight / movement characteristics of the original upon its initial creation.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
    Legionite likes this.
  8. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Another Ground Harvester of mine from a Community Core a while back which was not added to the Zoo; The Geo WKR:

Geo WKR.png

9. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

A GeoCorp Ground Defender/ small and all terrain with decent firepower.

GSO Corp FlatTop mk1.png

10. yousufmughal

yousufmughal New Member

hello

hi guys how are you all i hope that everyone is fine, wow this is so cool what is the latest is coming soon may i know please because i love this Zed's Tech Zoo it's it's really creative and every time we have something new it's really cool.

Zed likes this.
  11. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Thank you for the encouragement @yousufmughal it is appreciated; regarding what is next who knows what I will find while circling the grounds of the tech zoo, I try to release new techs at least once a week.

12. Lyons

easiest thing ever.

13. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Yet Another Nomad Class Tech; The Zed FlatTop XL v1 is a larger lumbering tech capable of traversing most moderate terrain with a concealed thruster system providing additional acceleration to climb moderate obstacles.

Equipped with On-Board Power Generation and defended by a bevy of GSO Based Weaponry; the Zed FlatTop XL is quite capable of being the boss of any salt flat the player wishes to maintain hegemony upon.

Edit:

In light of the Difficulties sometimes experienced when loading a tech from an SCU please refer to the screenshot below for how the conveyor and conveyor filters should be set. IF the two down conveyors connecting the GC resource pad are not moving detach the resource pad, connect a basic conveyor (flat) to each of the downs and set their movement arrows towards the GSO After which the flat conveyors can be detached and the GeoCorp resource pad reattached as depicted in the grabbit 3d Model. The Two Filter conveyors should be set to "fuel only" group of resources.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    reaperx1 and Masakari like this.
  14. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

The Zed Micro Fabricator: An Ultra Small Fully functional Fabrication Tech designed for easy trailer towing once Reanchoring of techs with trailer hooks are incorporated into the standard Campaign mode of Terratech.

Note: Please verify that the conveyor belts are both pointed towards the Lotsa silo as depicted in the screenshot included below. While the Tech has a Gruntle AI there are no weapons nor shields included in this version of the Zed Micro Fabricator.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
    reaperx1 and Masakari like this.
  15. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Re-Edit: Additional improvements have been made to the Micro Fabricator that are now included in the mk4 edition which include but are not limited to increased power generation capabilities and tasteful nighttime lighting. In this mk4 edition spare mobile generator and mobile delivery cannon have been included

In light of the reanchoring functionality an updated version of the microfabricator is now available with wheels and now incorporates movement / shields in a 12x12 footprint.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
    Masakari and Legionite like this.
  16. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

In celebration of the release of the new Hawkeye shield dome Zed's Tech Zoo proudly presents its Latest Avian; The Hawkeye Swift:

Considered a small VTOL scout; the Swift is equipped with a pair of each Hawkeye Missile along with a Shotgun for close quarter combat. While not as fast nor Maneuverable as the Kestrel the Weighty Hawkeye shield dome while powered should prevent most if not all enemy fire from affecting the Swift during its Airborne reconnaissance of Hostile Territory.

Attached Files:

ZeroGravitas, Legionite and Masakari like this.
  17. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

A bit of a Parody build; the Whirligig is an amalgam of all four Corporations and could also be considered a VTOL Scout. Small and lightly armed but it is equipped with a Geocorp Spotlight in order to see where its headed so the Whirligig will see where its headed even if it is "going nowhere fast"

Attached Files:

Masakari likes this.
  18. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

The GSO Nomad mk3 is a revamp of a build entered into the second Peoples Build Challenge issued by Grabbit to increase functionality by adding Tetrox Boosters and a Gruntle AI module so that it may follow a player's main tech. Lightly armed and self powered the Nomad is indeed a Nomad Class Tech despite its relatively diminutive stature.

Attached Files:

19. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Similar yet slightly larger than the Micro Fabricator; the GEO Treadwalker mk1 is the first of the tech's featured here in the Tech Zoo to utilize the newly promoted GeoCorp Treads:

Featuring a blend of GSO and Hawkeye Weaponry the GEO Treadwalker is capable of defending itself in most situations while on the go and can always anchor itself to recharge during daylight.

Attached Files:

20. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

In an attempt to modernize the First Hawkeye VTOL found within the Tech Zoo the Hawkeye RedWing mk1 has risen to supplant the previous generation of SCU equipped flying tech within the Zoo.

Far More heavily armed than the Original VTOL it replaces, the Hawkeye RedWing Takes off fairly easily and maintains level flight but is sluggish in gaining altitude. Nonetheless, The Hawkeye RedWing is the first Airship Class Tech of the Tech Zoo and is designed as a hybrid Bomber / Fighter VTOL.

Edit:

After some tinkering an updated version of the Hawkeye Redwing is available with improved flight characteristics dubbed the Hawkeye RedWing mk3

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
    Masakari likes this.