Zed's Tech Zoo

Discussion in 'Techs' started by Zed, Dec 29, 2016.

Tags:
?

How Effective was the Zed Mk I when you encountered it Ingame?

Poll closed Jan 4, 2017.
  1. I have not encountered the Zed Mk I yet.

100.0%
  2. The Zed Mk I Crushed me like an Egg.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. It was a close fight, but I eventually destroyed the Zed Mk I

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Zed Mk I was too easy since it has very limited Shielding.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I ran away from the Zed Mk I and it is still patrolling in my campaign.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I loaded the Zed Mk I In the R&D Module to test its effectiveness.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Greetings; This thread will be a space for any techs of my own to share with the community. First applicant is the Zed Mk I, my first shared invader (which ironically seems to have caused twitter to lock my brand new account made just for invasions *shrugs*) which will be the first inhabitant of this thread.

Without further Ado please meet the Zed Mk I:

Zed Mk I.png

A GeoCorp Tech Featuring a blend of GSO and Hawkeye Weaponry.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
    reaperx1 likes this.
  2. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

After having at least temporarily resolving the issue where Twitter deemed my Terratech Integration as a source of Spam I am proud to present the latest Tech Bred here in captivity @ Zed's Tech Zoo:

Zed Harvester Mk I.png

The Harvester Mk I is capable of slowly climbing most moderate hills without hoverpads and being able to return to base with resources with little worry of being defeated by rival prospectors on its way home. Battery life should be sufficient for overnight duty however for extended excursions it is advisable to attach an SCU in front. AI GeoCorp Cabs are included to provide ample forward illumination as members of the community eagerly await the restoration of AI resource collection.

Django likes this.
  3. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

With additional refinements not found on its predecessor the Harvester Mk II is now capable of traversing a wider variety of terrain than the Mk I with enhanced battery capacity while maintaining a dangerous combination of weaponry within the same overall tech footprint.

Zed Harvester MK II.png

4. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

The newest species to be bred in Captivity here in Zed's Tech Zoo is my first attempt at a Hawkeye VTOL.

Zed VTOL V1.png

Featuring Level thruster-only flight forward for simple A to B travel; rear rudder will increase altitude in a relatively stationary position while sporting an SCU located aft. Light Combat Capabilities are offered by 6 forward-firing cruise missile assemblies. Maneuverability is moderate based on just how heavy this compact bird is with delicate landings required either by feathering thrusters or light feathered forward rudder approaches.

5. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Another Avian has hatched here in the Tech Zoo which is undeniably a scout class Hawkeye. Nimble and lightly armed, this VTOL is indeed worthy of consideration when wishing to scout any Terratech Seed for isolated plateaus upon which to perch.

Zed Scout.png

6. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

The Zed Scout has recently evolved to replace its circular rotor with a proper propeller and uses its increased lift capabilities to include additional maneuverability with a new tailwing design, slightly more intuitive flight controls (rear rudder to increase altitude) and packs far more of a punch as it is now equipped with 6 forward-facing cruise missiles now encompassed by the larger GSO shield bubble.

Zed Scout mk II.png

7. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

The Zed Tech Zoo is now open for all to visit; originally a 0.7.1 save it features nearly all blocks unlocked with the exception of the Hawkeye Scrapper.

Not too many BlockBucks but a veritable ton of blocks are accessible via the SCU.

Attached Files:

8. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

After numerous revisions The Zed Scout has been renamed to the Hawkeye Kestrel.

It is my sincere hope that this tech will be used in the testing of AI flight-handling Capabilities and as such encourage everyone to try it for themselves.

Hawkeye Kestrel.png

Legionite and M1cha3lMax like this.
  9. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

In keeping with the recent Hawkeye Aircraft Theme I've recently completed an early prototype of a Hawkeye Fighter Jet.

Zed Hunter mk1.png

Feedback would be appreciated regarding suggested improvements; goal is to keep it a jet and not use propellers.

10. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member

Do not use gyros on winged air-techs, keep them on helicopters only. Winged become to unresponsive when they have gyros. Put more vertical tails, so turns are faster. If goal is not to have props on jet, then you need to remove all propellers you have, as this is not a jet at all, as it have both vertical and horizontal propellers.

Zed likes this.
  11. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Thank you for the suggestion about more Vertically-oriented wings. Regarding "Props" I do not consider Turbines (enclosed 'props' to be props for the purposes of this project build.) Speaking of which, did you test the vehicle sufficiently to comment directly on its current performance?

12. Nightblade Greyswandir

I am spoiled with education and profession, so I can not consider anything but GSO Tetrox Booster Jet, GSO 4x Redux Mega Booster, Venture Little Stud Pulse Boosters, and Hawkeye Rocket Jet as jet engines. In short, no fuel no jet. BUT I am in airplanes from when I was 12 years old and I was in military aviation for 11 years.
    In last 300 hours in TT, I tried only a handful of air tech with gyros that actually do fly at least reasonably good. You can try my flying techs to see how they work (all without gyros), then compare yourself. I have flying tank that maneuver faster and with more control than this plane. What you have is fairly balanced so it fly good even without gyros as it is.
    Here are two edits, first one (G1) is just gyros removed and vertical tail implemented, second one (G2) is 5way steering hovers removed also, and some wings added, to rebalance it.
    Zed Hunter mk1G1.png Zed Hunter mk1G2.png

Zed likes this.
  13. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Thank you for the edits; I will be looking at those variants for inspiration when I am able as unless building from SCU blocks is already in 0.7.3.1 I will have to wait / eyeball it as I do not (yet) have access to the R&D area.

A Grabbit model would be helpful in implementing the modifications to the prototype as well; Regarding Gyros I was experimenting with them to create level flight with thrust only for long distance travel. Overall did you feel that the prototype had sufficient firepower for its size?

14. Nightblade Greyswandir

I use stable versions, and no new blocks there. You can try my tech any time if you want, I can get them in to my actual adventure world and post save game.
    Firepower is good for it size.

15. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Similar in Capability to the Kestrel is the newest Avian Addition to the Tech Zoo; The Hawkeye BatHawk.

Micro VTOL mk1.png

16. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

A new All-Terrain Ground Assault Tech has been found while exploring a remote corner of the Zoo. All Terrain and self sufficient with on-board Generators, Mobile Delivery cannon and a pair of Mobile SCUs the Interloper mk2 can outlast nearly anything sufficiently obstinate to stand its ground against the Interloper.

Zed Interloper mk2.png

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    Legionite likes this.
  17. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Presenting the GeoFactory Mk2; a fully defended multipurpose base with fully upgraded component factory equipped with scappers and resource collector on one side, with outer scrappers connected to a resource cannon. The outer scrappers are set to divert any salvaged components to primary fabricator sorted storage.

GeoCorp Factory Mk21.png

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
    Lord_Chaos, Legionite and M1cha3lMax like this.
  18. M1cha3lMax

M1cha3lMax Well-Known Member

Some great designs! Can't wait to see some of your stuff in game!

Zed likes this.
  19. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Presenting the Small Factory Mk1; fully shielded and component capable with an excess return feed to store extra / missed components / resources during the fabrication process.

Small Factory Mk1.png

20. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Presenting the updated GeoFactory mk3; now with additional component catching filter conveyors from the salvage side and a dedicated wood storage area. Please note that while Fabricators can produce concurrently refined versions of raw materials will be prioritized over their raw counterparts irrespective of the order within which fabricated parts are requested.

GeoCorp Factory Mk31.png