Youkai Corporation Lore

Saiko~Sama!

Saiko Kurogane · An actual anime girl
Attention! This thread is going to remain lore based and I will repost blocks on a separate thread so as not to confuse anyone!

"_Peter_Harris_Whistle_Blow.slog"
> File Type: Sound Log
> Date Created is: {UNKNOWN}
> Would you like to begin playback?
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
"T-this is Peter Harris, I previously worked for the Hawkeye Corporation. Uhm.. I transferred to this new up and coming corp called Youkai. [Under breath: Oh man...] Uh, these guys.. everything was really good at first, a lot of their technology seemed like it could better the lives of the civilians, but the Corporation Founder; Captain Yuriko Sakurai, I think she really has lost her mind. There's this portal- [A loud crash and bang can be heard] What? Wait, wait- no! Please stop! Someone help! HE-"
{PLAYBACK END}
> Related files: YK_Cab.schematic, YK_Glass.discontinued, YK_Three_Block.discontinued

> File Selected: "YK_Cab.schematic"
> What would you like to with this file?
[UPLOAD]

{WARNING}
> Selected File: "YK_Cab.schematic" requires file "YK_Textures.schematerial" as a hard dependency.
> What would you like to do?
[Upload as separate file]

[Youkai Overlord Cab]
1588919680963.png
The centerpiece of most Youkai techs, this head shaped cab is also good for making mechs!

Even though it's just a single small block, this cab shall spark the insurrection of the deadly Youkai Corporation"

Hey everyone it's Saiko, I hope you enjoy this single block to get started on the Youkai Corp and I also hope you enjoyed that little bit of "roleplay" there, it was fun to write!
For anyone who doesn't know, the Youkai Corp will have a lot of lore and it gets kinda dark at some points.
I have a backlog of about 15-20 other blocks, but I'm gonna not upload them all at once, especially due to upload limits but also because... spoiling it all from the get-go wouldn't be fun at all! So yeah I hope you guys like this, I'm probably going to upload the building blocks as well soon so you can actually build stuff and not just have a single cab lol

Last edited:

Saiko~Sama!

"_Peter_Harris_Work_Log 1.slog"
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
"This is Peter Harris, I previously worked in the Hawkeye Corporation R&D Division. Basically we created and experimented on making new types of blocks and weapons. Recently I have transfered to this new corporation called "Youkai Weapons and Defense" or "Youkai WD", but most people around just refer to it as "Youkai". I transferred here on request of a woman named "Yuriko Sakurai", really nice lady honestly. After my first day, which was yesterday, where I was just basically getting adjusted to the work environment and helping other scientists with projects, today is finally the day I get to embark on some projects of my own. Basically, with permission from Captain Yuriko- oh by the way Yuriko is the Captain I forgot to mention. Uh, anyways, with her pemission I was able to upgrade all of the Youkai basic blocks. They're mostly made of alloys of Plumbite, Titanite and other materials, some parts are electroplated in a gold-titanium-copper alloy, for extra flair."
{PLAYBACK END}

1588946701727.png 1588946707815.png
1588946831472.png 1588946849647.png

> Related files: YK_One_Block.schematic, YK_Four_Block.schematic, YK_Big_Block.schematic

> File Group Selected: "YK_One_Block.schematic, YK_Four_Block.schematic, YK_Big_Block.schematic"
> What would you like to with these files?
[UPLOAD]
[REMINDER] "YK_One_Block.schematic", "YK_Four_Block.schematic", and "YK_Big_Block.schematic" require "YK_Textures" as a hard dependency

Last edited:

Saiko~Sama!

"_Peter_Harris_Work_Log 2.slog"
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
"This is Peter Harris, yesterday I got a promotion for my block upgrading efforts and today was asked to work with a TAC scientist to create a Youkai wheel. Me and him both got into a fight with some Venture employees during our wheel creation and agreed to make the wheel really fast just to spit in their faces. This new wheel is going to be extra strong to carry the new blocks, cause in fairness, I did make the blocks quite heavy. I've also heard rumors of this... "Project Dark Star". Apparently after some collusion with some GreenTech radicals, Youkai were given plans to some very... "interesting" technologies."
{PLAYBACK END}

> Related Logs: "_Peter_Harris_Work_Log 3.slog"
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
"This is Peter Harris, yesterday we finished that Youkai wheel and with our discoveries it was actually quite easy to make a bigger version. It's pretty well armored and has a good weight capacity. I've been hearing more rumors about stolen tech from other corps, some stuff from GSO, some stuff from Hawkeye, etcetera. A lot of this tech looks like it can go to really helpful stuff for the civies, so maybe it isn't so bad, but I'm not really on board with just stealing it."
{PLAYBACK END}

1588946466117.png 1588946539334.png

> Related files: "YK_Wheel.schematic", "YK_Wheel_Large.schematic"

> File Group Selected: "YK_Wheel.schematic, "YK_Wheel_Large.schematic"
[UPLOAD]
[REMINDER] "YK_Wheel.schematic, and "YK_Wheel_Large.schematic" require "YK_Textures" as a hard dependency

Last edited:

Saiko~Sama!

"_Peter_Harris_Work_Log 4.slog"
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
"This is Peter Harris, the Captain found my log from yesterday. She didn't seem to like that I was documenting things, but even still tried to reassure me that this stolen tech wasn't actually stolen by Youkai and that some third-party had stolen it and sold it to Youkai. I still don't really like it, but at least we aren't the one taking it by force. She told me to keep hush about it anyways and in return has promoted me again. I couldn't refuse, so now as a new weapons and defense scientist I have been assigned a project regarding tougher blocks. I tried making the previous blocks I upgraded even tougher, but it really made them just way too heavy, so I'll have to make them a lot thinner."
{PLAYBACK END}

> Related Logs: "_Peter_Harris_Work_Log 5.slog"
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
"This is Peter Harris, day two of the Youkai Armor project, I've been able to create some rather lightweight and tough armor plates in a few different sizes. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried how they will be put to use, I can only hope my work isn't going to get anyone hurt somehow."
{PLAYBACK END}

1589026901082.png 1589026910432.png 1589026916901.png

> Related files: "YK_Armor_Small.schematic", "YK_Armor_Medium.schematic", "YK_Armor_Large.schematic"

> File Group Selected: "YK_Armor_Small.schematic", "YK_Armor_Medium.schematic", "YK_Armor_Large.schematic"
[UPLOAD]
[REMINDER] "YK_Armor_Small.schematic", "YK_Armor_Medium.schematic", and "YK_Armor_Large.schematic" require "YK_Textures" as a hard dependency

Last edited:

Saiko~Sama!

EDIT: FILES ARE ACTUALLY UPLOADED NOW, SORRY FOR MISCLICK

"_Peter_Harris_Work_Log 6.slog"
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
"This is Peter Harris, in case you couldn't tell from her name, the Captain is Japanese, so to try and maybe earn a place on more projects, I've tried recreating some Japanese swords and even a little Japanese short sword from some old schematics I found. These documents were actually written in some old type of paper, I wonder how old it even is... Anyways, I really hope she likes these things. In other news, I've heard about some other scientists working on a type of solar powered generator, using that GSO tech. I have also heard more unsavory rumors about that Project Dark Star thing. They said that during an experiment with some of that tech, that a type of portal was opened and there was a weapon that came from it, then it suddenly closed back up. I even heard that it took a scientist inside before it closed. Gives me the chills, I really hope it's not true."
{PLAYBACK END}

1589053233394.png 1589053220496.png 1589053207126.png

> Related file group: "YK_Katanas"

> File Group Selected: "YK_Katanas"
[UPLOAD]
[REMINDER] "YK_Katanas" require "YK_Textures" as a hard dependency

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
"_Peter_Harris_Work_Log 6.slog"
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
"This is Peter Harris, in case you couldn't tell from her name, the Captain is Japanese, so to try and maybe earn a place on more projects, I've tried recreating some Japanese swords and even a little Japanese short sword. I really hope she likes these things... In other news, I've heard about some other scientists working on a type of solar powered generator, using that GSO tech. I have also heard more unsavory rumors about that Project Dark Star thing. They said that during an experiment with some of that tech, that a type of portal was opened and there was a weapon that came from it, then it suddenly closed back up. I even heard that it took a scientist inside before it closed. Gives me the chills, I really hope it's not true."
{PLAYBACK END}

View attachment 32324 View attachment 32323 View attachment 32322

> Related file group: "YK_Katanas"

> File Group Selected: "YK_Katanas"
[UPLOAD]
[REMINDER] "YK_Katanas" require "YK_Textures" as a hard dependency
{[ERROR] "YK_Katanas" File Group Missing!}

Saiko~Sama!

{[ERROR] "YK_Katanas" File Group Missing!}
Thanks for that, I dunno why when I clicked attach, it just didn't
Edit: I think it actually did upload but I accidentally deleted it when I was trying to remove an extra picture or something, so gonna release some extra stuff to make up for it~

Saiko~Sama!

UPDATE: Fixed a spelling error in the description, and with the help of the lovely Rafs, anchoring and SFX on deploying now work as well. The generation amount was also waaaay too high as well, so I fixed it and now it's just a better GSO Solar, it's the mid-point between GSO and BF Solars.

"_Peter_Harris_Work_Log 7.slog"
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
"This is Peter Harris, Yuriko really seemed to like my swords, which is surprising. She said my enthusiasm for Japanese culture really impressed her, and that's how I got myself stuck in the Solar Generator mess. Well, it actually functions well, but if this tech was stolen from someone at some point, it does make me feel kind of weird. It doesn't fold up like the original did, and it doesn't charge as much, but it's setup time and physical size are smaller. Well, the platinum-silver alloy plated photovoltaic cells probably wouldn't like being folded anyways. I heard they're also working on some type of battery to store the energy it produces, and a type of shield bubble that can actually use that energy, so I'm kind of "excited" about seeing those I guess."
{PLAYBACK END}

1589079829722.png

> Related files: "YK_Generator.schematic"

> File Selected: "YK_Generator.schematic"
[UPLOAD]
[REMINDER] "YK_Generator.schematic" requires "YK_Textures" as a hard dependency

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Thanks for that, I dunno why when I clicked attach, it just didn't
Edit: I think it actually did upload but I accidentally deleted it when I was trying to remove an extra picture or something, so gonna release some extra stuff to make up for it~
Yeah I've accidentally forgotten to upload things before too ._.

Saiko~Sama!

"_Peter_Harris_Work_Log 8.slog"
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
"This is Peter Harris, I didn't realize some of the differences between the GSO tech and our tech, I didn't even realize theirs could anchor and ours couldn't, so we began work on an anchor as well. I made sure it had to be taller than other anchors due to the big wheels I made having extra ground clearance. I think the next project I'm working on is actually that battery I mentioned and then perhaps after that, the "Sanctuary" as someone called it. Big ol' bubble, heals and shields, sounds interesting. Although again, I hear it was tech that was stolen, this time stolen from the GreenTech corp."
{PLAYBACK END}

"_Peter_Harris_Work_Log 9.slog"
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
"This is Peter Harris, I was successful in retroactively adding this piece of equipment to the Solar Generator. I've been confirmed for the Battery and Sanctuary projects and we're starting work on them tomorrow. I'm thinking of investigating into the Dark Star project more, I have to know what really happened, what it really is."
{PLAYBACK END}

1589089820415.png

> Related files: "YK_Anchor.schematic"

> File Selected: "YK_Anchor.schematic"
[UPLOAD]
[REMINDER] "YK_Anchor.schematic" requires "YK_Textures" as a hard dependency

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

Website
forum.terratechgame.com
"_Peter_Harris_Work_Log 7.slog"
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
"This is Peter Harris, Yuriko really seemed to like my swords, which is surprising. She said my enthusiasm for Japanese culture really impressed her, and that's how I got myself stuck in the Solar Generator mess. Well, it actually functions well, but if this tech was stolen from someone at some point, it does make me feel kind of weird. It doesn't fold up like the original did, and it doesn't charge as much, but it's setup time and physical size are smaller. Well, the platinum-silver alloy plated photovoltaic cells probably wouldn't like being folded anyways. I heard they're also working on some type of battery to store the energy it produces, and a type of shield bubble that can actually use that energy, so I'm kind of "excited" about seeing those I guess."
{PLAYBACK END}

View attachment 32330

> Related files: "YK_Generator.schematic"

> File Selected: "YK_Generator.schematic"
[UPLOAD]
[REMINDER] "YK_Generator.schematic" requires "YK_Textures" as a hard dependency
You also missed the file for this one-

Saiko~Sama!

Yes because a katana in World War I. Please change, because Great War paints images of the first world war in my head...
Youkai is somewhat based around World War 2 Japan, the Great War itself isn't a hint towards a real life event that also happened in TT, but it is inspired by it. The Great War was mainly going to be a subplot where long ago two clans were sabatoged by ancient Youkai and both of them thought the other clan did it. Youkai had a bias towards a certain clan and helped them on the frontlines. Thanks for reading my little lore tidbit, look out for the YK Battery and Sanctuary later today!

garr890354839

Youkai is somewhat based around World War 2 Japan, the Great War itself isn't a hint towards a real life event that also happened in TT, but it is inspired by it. The Great War was mainly going to be a subplot where long ago two clans were sabatoged by ancient Youkai and both of them thought the other clan did it. Youkai had a bias towards a certain clan and helped them on the frontlines. Thanks for reading my little lore tidbit, look out for the YK Battery and Sanctuary later today!
Oh. Well then, that is good. Continue. Honestly, history is underrated and needs to be put more into media, or, you know, it repeats itself. I usually read the descriptions first for descriptions of the block.

Saiko~Sama!

"_Peter_Harris_Work_Log 10.slog"
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
"This is Peter Harris, we made good progress on the two projects today, the battery just needs some touchups and the Sanctuary Shield is approching completion. The battery holds a lot of energy so far, and the progress on the healing and shielding functions of the Sanctuary are coming along smoothly. I fear Yuriko may be suspicious of my logs again. I fooled her once with some fake logs that didn't document anything about stolen tech, but as time goes on and more questionable deeds go on, I fear she will become paranoid about me and my logs. As this situation progresses, it feels as though some point I may need to blow the whistle on some of the ongoings in this facility."
{PLAYBACK END}

"_Peter_Harris_Work_Log 11.slog"
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
"This is Peter Harris, the High Lithium Ion Battery is complete, the Sanctuary Shield is complete. I'm really tired right now, but I'm still hoping this new tech can help people.. I just... I really hope it isn't the wrong people."
{PLAYBACK END}

1589205607515.png 1589205648951.png

> Related files: "YK_Battery.schematic", "YK_Bubble.schematic"

> File Group Selected: "YK_Battery.schematic", "YK_Bubble.schematic"
[UPLOAD]
[REMINDER] "YK_Battery.schematic" and "YK_Bubble.schematic" require "YK_Textures" as a hard dependency

Saiko~Sama!

"_Peter_Harris_Work_Log 12.slog"
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
"This is Peter Harris, I think the captain found them. The logs, and not the fake ones. [Peter sighs] I- I got too deep into some investigating, the Dark Star, all of it, it's... I think it might be time to blow the whistle like I was talking about, but I don't have much time, I already know she's coming for me and she's probably bringing others- [The audio cuts abruptly and then resumes shortly after with Peter audily out of breath. A loud clang of a door can be heard before the recording device is shuffled around] I just ran... I kept running and running and found a place to lock myself up."
{PLAYBACK END}

> Related Logs: "_Peter_Harris_Whistle_Blow.slog"
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
"T-this is Peter Harris, I previously worked for the Hawkeye Corporation. Uhm.. I transferred to this new up and coming corp called Youkai. [Under breath: Oh man...] Uh, these guys.. everything was really good at first, a lot of their technology seemed like it could better the lives of the civilians, but the Corporation Founder; Captain Yuriko Sakurai, I think she really has lost her mind. There's this portal- [A loud crash and bang can be heard] What? Wait, wait- no! Please stop! Someone help! HE-"
{PLAYBACK END}

> Related Logs: "_Peter_Harris_Whistle_Blow 2.slog"
[Yes]

{BEGIN PLAYBACK}
[The recording device can be heard clattering to the ground along with a loud thud which can be assumed to be Peter's body]
[Several different people begin talking in succession]
[Unknown Voice 1]: "Ugh, he had his own little hideout and everything? Tear this place apart!"
[Moving of objects and possible furnishings can be heard]
[The recording device is shuffled around as someone picks it up off the floor]
[Unknown Voice 2]: "Captain, this seems to be the device he has been using to record the logs."
[Unknown Voice 1/Captain Yuriko Sakurai]: "Good, give it here, I will ensure that it is thoroughly destroyed. Take Peter to Cell 4, alert me when he has awoken. Bring anything else of importance you find here directly to me."
[Unknown Voice 1 and 2 more Unknown Voices]: "Sir, yes, sir!"
{PLAYBACK END}