• Hovercrafts

• Track Techs

• Wheel Techs

• Airships (i'm new to this!)

• Bases

Results are only viewable after voting.

xSoNz

Loves building
I've made this thread because i see people talk about techs here more often, giving suggestions, feedback, tips how to build etc.

I'll be sharing my creations here, mainly focusing on survival mode, but there will also be different tech types. They're not something special, and most of them will probably have flaws.

Would appreciate tips on how to improve them or attaching your own improved file :).

-Don't mind the low graphical settings on the screenshots, my PC can only run it in fast settings
-The techs on steam have some silly names.. That's because i'm not really good at naming anything tbh xd.
-This thread will probably be constantly updated in the following weeks because i'm still trying to figure out the text style and such.

Last edited:

xSoNz

Loves building
The base I've made, nothing too much or complex, but it get's the job done.

20190819181813_1.jpg
20190819181817_1.jpg
20190819181823_1.jpg
20190819181835_1.jpg

You can also sell resources, I've added another filter on each silo, It filters nothing by default, but you can set it to filter how much you want of each resource sold. Everything is pretty much configurable. More information available on steam workshop page.
It has a pacemaker inside of the 'control area' as i call it. Basically just remove the GSO blocks on the battery section, you'll find it there.

Tips on improvement appreciated! :D

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1674591166

Last edited:

xSoNz

Loves building
A Hawkeye-only Helicopter!

20190819180647_1.jpg
20190819180745_1.jpg
20190819180749_1.jpg
20190819180808_1.jpg

I wanted to make it as realistic-looking as possible, so it doesn't offer much maneuverability or firepower.
It has a minor flaw; when flying it goes just a little bit upwards constantly. Everything i tried to do to prevent that would make the helicopter look a bit silly and away from what I want. But still you can try to balance it yourself :).

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1835415259
(Don't mind the names on steam, I'm bad at naming 'em anyway)

Last edited:

xSoNz

Loves building
The Better Future oval-shaped plane!

20190819180510_1.jpg
20190819180516_1.jpg
20190819180518_1.jpg
20190819180618_1.jpg

I haven't built anything from Better Future since it came out because I'm not really good at building hovers so i distanced myself from BF.
However I tried making a plane from BF blocks and i can say that it turned out better than i thought it will be. It has hawkeye batteries so it's not BF-only, but you can change that yourself if you want.
Has a minor problem constantly going down a little but when using thrusters it's perfect. I will try and make it more balanced, but it'll just ruin it. Of course feedback and tips on how to build better is always appreciated! :)

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1839607079

The Bigger version is here!

20190819211533_1.jpg

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1839769629

Last edited:

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
A Hawkeye-only Helicopter!

View attachment 28585
View attachment 28586
View attachment 28587
View attachment 28588

I wanted to make it as realistic-looking as possible, so it doesn't offer much maneuverability or firepower.
It has a minor flaw; when flying it goes just a little bit upwards constantly. Everything i tried to do to prevent that would make the helicopter look a bit silly and away from what I want. But still you can try to balance it yourself :).

Link: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1835415259
(Don't mind the names on steam, I'm bad at naming 'em anyway)
Looks slick! I think this is a helicopter/airplane hybrid. Have you tried doing a pure helicopter? I recommend using a couple parts from other corps, like the Better Future stabilization computer or trim gyro. Altimeters and speedometers are also very useful for flying techs (but only Venture, GSO, and Better Future have them).

xSoNz

Loves building
Looks slick! I think this is a helicopter/airplane hybrid.
Thanks man! Yeah you could call it a hybrid. I tried balancing it as much as possible without much use of gyros and such.

Have you tried doing a pure helicopter?
I will in the future! :D

I recommend using a couple parts from other corps, like the Better Future stabilization computer or trim gyro. Altimeters and speedometers are also very useful for flying techs (but only Venture, GSO, and Better Future have them).
I know, but i've been staying away from the stabilizing computer and gyros because they limit the freedom of using the tech. I will build something with them in the future tho!

burger1113

I know, but i've been staying away from the stabilizing computer and gyros because they limit the freedom of using the tech. I will build something with them in the future tho!
Lol really cool design! So the wings give lift in that orientation...?
The reason for the pitch down problem should be the relatively large mass below the lower half of the vehicle, so you could replace some blocks up top with heavy ones like batteries, or put extra things above to balance things.
This reminds me of one venture plane I made lol take a look here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1736432383

xSoNz

Loves building
Lol really cool design! So the wings give lift in that orientation...?
The reason for the pitch down problem should be the relatively large mass below the lower half of the vehicle, so you could replace some blocks up top with heavy ones like batteries, or put extra things above to balance things.
This reminds me of one venture plane I made lol take a look here https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1736432383
Thanks for the thoughts! I'll try something with it. The problem is i don't know which blocks are supposed to be heavier than normal ones so i didn't experiment much. It would be really useful if some statistics were shown into the block description as well...
I'll take a try with your tech soon, I don't have much time right now.. xd

Nooboid

Not A Noob
Thanks for the thoughts! I'll try something with it. The problem is i don't know which blocks are supposed to be heavier than normal ones so i didn't experiment much. It would be really useful if some statistics were shown into the block description as well...
Batteries, especially HE ones are very heavy

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Yes yes, I agree. You can find all the masses here, though in general, just assume hawkeye is twice as heavy as gso. The wiki also has the mass of some GSO blocks listed (we're working on adding everything, but it takes a while). The hawkeye batteries and shield bubbles are the most dense blocks in the game (as in heaviest per volume; both have a density of 4/cube).