Xbox One Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkrain1990

Seriously let down. We've been waiting on features that have been available on PC for months, and now a whole new version takes priority over keeping up with a release date that has already been pushed back enough. If I could get a refund...
I know the feeling I’ve stopped playing

iannn1790

Sorry folks.

The update has been pushed back by another few weeks. You may have noticed that we launched TerraTech on the Switch which threw up some unexpected issues. This meant we had to divert resources away from the console update.

This is sometimes the nature of indie game development and while we'll make every effort to deliver on our promises, sometimes unexpected things get in the way.

I can't really offer anything more than a sincere apology at this point and let you know that it's still coming, just a bit later than planned.

Thanks for your understanding.

What a cash grab. That isn't "the nature of indie game development". That's a total EA move. People like indie developers because they are supposed to be different than big studios. Thanks for showing your whole player base that you could care less about supporting current players, and would rather rake in as much money as possible. If you were doing your best you would have postponed the switch release that nobody asked for.

Vdra0089

hello, my name is Vdra0089, i am a console player from xbox and a intermediate at terra tech

SilentGuy

(TL: DR, I'm a Switch player, and I don't think Payload is a crock just yet.)

Just want to go on the record here and say that I play TerraTech on the Switch, and I do enjoy it even with its minimized block allowance. So I guess I'm that one person who bought it.

I also want to say that I think it's a little unfair how Payload is being treated...
What a cash grab. That isn't "the nature of indie game development". That's a total EA move. People like indie developers because they are supposed to be different than big studios. Thanks for showing your whole player base that you could care less about supporting current players, and would rather rake in as much money as possible. If you were doing your best you would have postponed the switch release that nobody asked for.
Comparing Payload to EA is like comparing a window cleaner to street scum who hordes money. Payload cares about their game, and they want the same experience to be available to everyone, including the Xbox players and us Switch players. Mind you, we have to wait just as long as you do, it's not like we're getting any special treatment or anything. EA builds their games to make money, what with all the lootboxes and microtransactions with terribly unbalanced online games. None of that is present in TerraTech.
Also, unexpected surprises and delays are just a general fact of life. You can't prepare for every contingency, and, while I can only speak from watching a few streams of people developing their games, game developing tends to throw these up a lot, especially when you still have a life to live.
I admit, I may be wrong about this and the whole development effort could bomb out tomorrow, but I haven't seen much evidence that Payload is a sleazy conglomerate of business executives working to make a quick buck. If they are, they're doing a terrible job at it.

And I realize that I may be speaking for a very small side of the community, but I still feel it needed to be said nonetheless. If this post seems inflammatory or contradicts the rules here in any way, please remove it. I only came to say my piece.

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
(TL: DR, I'm a Switch player, and I don't think Payload is a crock just yet.)

Just want to go on the record here and say that I play TerraTech on the Switch, and I do enjoy it even with its minimized block allowance. So I guess I'm that one person who bought it.

I also want to say that I think it's a little unfair how Payload is being treated...

Comparing Payload to EA is like comparing a window cleaner to street scum who hordes money. Payload cares about their game, and they want the same experience to be available to everyone, including the Xbox players and us Switch players. Mind you, we have to wait just as long as you do, it's not like we're getting any special treatment or anything. EA builds their games to make money, what with all the lootboxes and microtransactions with terribly unbalanced online games. None of that is present in TerraTech.
Also, unexpected surprises and delays are just a general fact of life. You can't prepare for every contingency, and, while I can only speak from watching a few streams of people developing their games, game developing tends to throw these up a lot, especially when you still have a life to live.
I admit, I may be wrong about this and the whole development effort could bomb out tomorrow, but I haven't seen much evidence that Payload is a sleazy conglomerate of business executives working to make a quick buck. If they are, they're doing a terrible job at it.

And I realize that I may be speaking for a very small side of the community, but I still feel it needed to be said nonetheless. If this post seems inflammatory or contradicts the rules here in any way, please remove it. I only came to say my piece.
Please look further back in the thread to see how they've jerked us around, before deeming it unfair that we voice our opinions. Every time the very loose timeframe we were given expired, they would extend it another two weeks or so. Then a month, then the switch. We were put on the back burner after being told the update was a priority. That's unfair. I'm glad you enjoy the game, but they never put a present in front of you and said you couldn't have it cause some new kid has to get one too.

Tyr1985

Awesome it sounds like a HUGE update, thanks for adding all this cool stuff I can't wait to create my own sky base :)

Vdra0089

oooh i can't wait for better future to hit consoles, so i can make some flight techs cause the only flight tech i have is my venture flighter which has 3 hawkeye cruise missiles and to machine rockets

Status
Not open for further replies.