Xbox One Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
I'm just glad I'll be able to use my camo skin outside of multiplayer. My Hawkeye techs were built for war, not stealth. Camo could change that... Sans game mechanics... Still no camo for the flats. I'll just wait and see if one comes in the (better) future.

ijax

maybe 1-3 weeks? who knows it could be out this weekend i'm all ready for the update you should prepare to if you haven't. we just got to wait tonytony:)

Hey will there be a update anytime soon about the block limit on console being removed or is that gonna stay a thing?

Exund

Fancy Modder
Somewhere in space, near my Techs (Switzerland)
Hey will there be a update anytime soon about the block limit on console being removed or is that gonna stay a thing?
Sadly no. Console games require a higher stability during gameplay and are way less allowed to be laggy than PC while having a worse hardware. The block limit is there to limit the framerates issues and do can't be removed without adding an open door to unstable framerate.

Darkrain1990

Can you not increase the block limit by a small margin so it won’t be lagging but will keep its players happy

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Can you not increase the block limit by a small margin so it won’t be lagging but will keep its players happy
We tested this and found that even an small increase had detrimental effects on gameplay.

We understand it poses a big block in how you play the game, especially compared to the PC version, but it's there for a reason. Trust us!

ijax

we just have to build small and think big. we just have to accept that the block limit isn't going to be increase but i have a question for matt is it possible to make it if you have max block limit and you went to place something and it ask you do you want to get rid of your other tech and when i pressed no it despawned the thing i was placing down please make the game place the object back into your inventory because when i played the game for the first time it despawned my auto miner and i couldn't get it back please fix that.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
we just have to build small and think big. we just have to accept that the block limit isn't going to be increase but i have a question for matt is it possible to make it if you have max block limit and you went to place something and it ask you do you want to get rid of your other tech and when i pressed no it despawned the thing i was placing down please make the game place the object back into your inventory because when i played the game for the first time it despawned my auto miner and i couldn't get it back please fix that.
Great idea!

We're actually adding something like this in the next update called the Tech Loader. It essentially swaps your tech with blocks in your inventory and puts the unused blocks back.

ijax

in your next update do you think you can make the gso techs bigger there to easy to destroy and also maybe a geo corp conveyor and you need to fix the pace maker for gso because the slow button is turbo speed.

Sadly no. Console games require a higher stability during gameplay and are way less allowed to be laggy than PC while having a worse hardware. The block limit is there to limit the framerates issues and do can't be removed without adding an open door to unstable framerate.
Okay, its a bummer but ill be able to make it work out, thank you for answering my question tho

Darkrain1990

Yes!

We're just finishing off the Better Future missions at the moment. Once that's done Better Future is pretty much ready to join TerraTech on console.

So it should be very soon!
It’s now May 2019 how much longer for the better future console update

can I just ask why is there block limit for console, the only reason I got is that the devs want us to suffer when trying to build bases or big machines built to destroy.

that is my only reason. pls let me know your reasons
the block limit is preventing lag, it is the way the game will work without extreme lag or crashing, if there was no block limit it would most likely crash the game if you place in more than that limit

Darkrain1990

We tested this and found that even an small increase had detrimental effects on gameplay.

We understand it poses a big block in how you play the game, especially compared to the PC version, but it's there for a reason. Trust us!
Hmm I just feel with the release of better future to console creating sky bases and such with a block limit or bigger builds with a block limit will be problematic

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
It can be at times. I build relatively small techs with enough firepower to destroy most things in one volley, and keep a base near a trade station to drop off all my resources.

Darkrain1990

It can be at times. I build relatively small techs with enough firepower to destroy most things in one volley, and keep a base near a trade station to drop off all my resources.
True that is a simpler way to do it but I think that when better future comes out to console everyone’s going to want the flying sky bases

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
True that is a simpler way to do it but I think that when better future comes out to console everyone’s going to want the flying sky bases
It does seem like we won't get much use out of them after a while. I'm interested to see how the game engine handles the new moving parts like zero-g systems and on/off switches. If the block limit really is so rigid that 1000 more points makes too much lag, how is it going to take all the new systems with better future? Even sky anchors have new physics that nothing we currently have uses. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I'm worried for the "better" future.

Status
Not open for further replies.