Xbox One: Spider King Mission has vanished and won't reappear in Trading Stations.

Swishy

Jan 21, 2020
Hello,
So far, my experience with this game has been fantastic. Very few bugs, awesome features and visuals, constant updates, tight-knit community, However, today I found a bug that actually made me quite annoyed. My main goal of the playthrough was to take over the Spider King's Lair for myself, so I started the mission and it spawned in an Ice Biome (probably my least favourite place to live, but my favourite looking place). I loaded an old save from minutes before I accepted the mission to see if I could start it again and get it to spawn elsewhere and...the mission was completely gone from the Trading Station. This seemed weird because the mission itself isn't skipable, so normally you have to complete it to progress past it, but now it's just gone. It isn't in my mission log and I don't have any of the mission rewards, so it's as if the mission never existed.

Reactions: General Douglas

666TheSDasher666

Jul 30, 2016
its a matter of luck where the king and its castle spawns. if you dont like the place, then rip cause the game currwntly cant spawn 2 castles. you could try to reload the save that the king in it but thats the only solution atm.

Swishy

Jan 21, 2020
The save that I made about 2 minutes before accepting the mission is the most recent save I have since I left the game after not liking where the castle was, and assumed that the mission wouldn't just...vanish with no way to get it back. So there's really no fix to this? It's impossible to now get that castle on this playthrough?

Swishy

Jan 21, 2020
I continued playing the game as normal and after about a full IRL day, the mission reappeared in my trading stations. I don't know how, I don't know why, but it's back now. I'll definitely be more careful now and scout out the area around my trading posts to avoid the Lair spawning somewhere undesirable. Thank you for your suggestion :)

Swishy

Jan 21, 2020
I left the trading station that I first started with a long while away and never noted it's coordinates, but since the mission always seems to be 1.4km from whatever trading post you started it at, I would like to assume that the Lair can spawn anywhere on that diameter 1.4km away from the trading post.