Xbox One & PS4 Update Coming Soon!

Can't you add a workshop to the game to see and spawn other peoples creations Fallout did it with there mods so can't you do it to or is this the same situation with the world cap

So the block allowance (soon to be renamed to World Capacity) is there to ensure the game runs as smoothly as possible. Removing it, or even increasing it slightly, will have an impact on performance. It's important to note that Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo won't let a game be released on their platform unless it meets their strict criteria. So in essence, even for us to release the game on these consoles the World Capacity is essential.

PC platforms (Steam) have looser restrictions on performance as each PC is different. As long as the Minimum Specs for each game are made clear the player will have an idea if their PC can run the game.
So Matt I just realized

Can't you just make all the blocks cost 1 capacity or do they have to add up to 5000

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
So Matt I just realized

Can't you just make all the blocks cost 1 capacity or do they have to add up to 5000
It's not about balancing them, but more of your platform limits. Consoles have very specific limitations.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Can't you add a workshop to the game
I think the console requirements are more stringent about user shared content (policing it against things inappropriate for younger players, etc, etc). Presumably technically demanding to implement too, given the current system is integrated with Steam.

Can't you just make all the blocks cost 1 capacity
Not certain what you're asking... But the higher capacity cost of blocks is supposed to reflect the amount they tax the console's hardware. Like an SCU with all its complex shape, animations and effects takes a lot more than a plain GSO 1-Block.

I think the console requirements are more stringent about user shared content (policing it against things inappropriate for younger players, etc, etc). Presumably technically demanding to implement too, given the current system is integrated with
I think the console requirements are more stringent about user shared content (policing it against things inappropriate for younger players, etc, etc). Presumably technically demanding to implement too, given the current system is integrated with Steam.
i don't think you understand what I'm asking

do you or anyone remember fallout 4 how they added a built-in workshop for console players to have mods. Well couldn't you do the same thing instead of having it for mods you would have it for putting other peoples creations in your world. it would be like Terra tech had a built-in steam workshop you know what I'm saying

Gabe2b

Everyone should understand about the block allowance that is if you don’t want your console to keep crashing game building I believe is very delicate unless you have a system like a pc that can handle it where as a console only has a limit
I

There should be at least a much higher limit for the Xbox one x and ps4 pro because they are better than a mid level (600-700 dollar pc) which is better than a lot of pcs that run this game perfectly fine without the block limit. I don't know about the ps4 pro, but the Xbox one x can run 4k online gaming at 45-60 while running 60hz

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
as far as I know, the CPU in the device is doing ALL the work with the display driver just rendering the screen, so look at the CPU specs for a better indicator of terratech performance on a given device eg mid range windows computers have usually 8gb RAM(ddr3 or ddr4 depending upon generation) 2 to 4 ghz 2 to 8 core CPU, and either mechanical OR SSD for the storage, with the main performance factors being the cpu GHZ then the speed of the RAM, then the speed of the storage

Gabe2b

as far as I know, the CPU in the device is doing ALL the work with the display driver just rendering the screen, so look at the CPU specs for a better indicator of terratech performance on a given device eg mid range windows computers have usually 8gb RAM(ddr3 or ddr4 depending upon generation) 2 to 4 ghz 2 to 8 core CPU, and either mechanical OR SSD for the storage, with the main performance factors being the cpu GHZ then the speed of the RAM, then the speed of the storage

the Xbox one x is running GDDR5 at 12 gigs of memory/ram and a 8 core ANY processor. Along with a 6terraflop GPU and a HHD that runs at a little more than 300GB/S

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
According to techradar, the processing speed of the PS4 Pro is 2.16 GHz per core and the XboX 1X is 2.3 GHz. (Number of cores is completely irrelevant for 90% of programs, apps, and games. They almost never take more than one core.) This is really slow compared to a computer of any kind. My tablet has an intel core i5 at 2.71 GHz. A good gaming machine can have a processor above 4.8 GHz.

Consoles are built for giant graphics capability, not processing power. It's almost always the graphics capability which limits performance, not processor. Terratech is an exception.

Gabe2b

According to techradar, the processing speed of the PS4 Pro is 2.16 GHz per core and the XboX 1X is 2.3 GHz. (Number of cores is completely irrelevant for 90% of programs, apps, and games. They almost never take more than one core.) This is really slow compared to a computer of any kind. My tablet has an intel core i5 at 2.71 GHz. A good gaming machine can have a processor above 4.8 GHz.

Consoles are built for giant graphics capability, not processing power. It's almost always the graphics capability which limits performance, not processor. Terratech is an exception.
Here to go this link I don't tell like typing it https://www.answers.com/Q/How_will_your_computer_run_with_2.4_Ghz_compared_to_2.8_Ghz

Gabe2b

by any chance do have any of these https://www.tabletpccomparison.net/best-tablet-processor-guide-to-tablet-cpus/

If not you have a laptop my dude

Gabe2b

This is not a dis or any thing on terra tech but it doesn't look like it's not ran at any more than 420p so it's not like it running forza horizon 4 at 4k or anything so there's a lot of processing power not being used, so all I'm getting at is to be able to escape life for a little bit and enjoy one of my favorite games and not have to worry about I can only have one tech that I can have fun going around and collecting the remains of my enemies and make my not bigger, so just give the people what they want and have fun with the game instead of worrying "I can't do anything else because something that I thought was going to be cool and fun has to be taken down and reconstructed so I can improve on it" Payload just don't let the people that like certain gamming experiences than others behone like other companies did. For example, Fun Pumps did because they didn't what to hold out till the end their rights back for 7 Days to Die in which telltale was only asking for 75000 dollars for their safe of the condos base and said that they don't want to give telltale the win, and just want ed to take their enemies out.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
This is not a dis or any thing on terra tech but it doesn't look like it's not ran at any more than 420p so it's not like it running forza horizon 4 at 4k or anything so there's a lot of processing power not being used,
Read my other response to you on the thread @HeX linked and read up on the difference between processor (or CPU) and graphics. Forza is a perfect example. It requires a great deal of graphics RAM but very little processor. It is calculating only the physics of your car and the opponents you can see on screen. Very pretty, very RAM intensive, but from a strictly processor/CPU standpoint, a chromebook could run it. Terratech is the exact inverse of Forza when it comes to computing resources.

Btw, an Xbox is most certainly not made of PC parts, at least any more than a phone, ipad, or a smart refrigerator are made of PC parts. Microsoft had every part of the Xbox custom engineered. In fact, the base computing architecture of game consoles is slightly different than PCs.