Xbox One & PS4 Update Coming Soon!

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
Also, the issue with my tech list disappearing is still happening. I have all of my techs spawned on creative saves so I won't lose the designs, but it's annoying to have to resave all my techs a every few days.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Will it reset our saves?
Nope. You can carry on playing your existing game saves. If you meet the requirements you will eventually receive the Better Future license mission from a Trading Station.

Also, the issue with my tech list disappearing is still happening. I have all of my techs spawned on creative saves so I won't lose the designs, but it's annoying to have to resave all my techs a every few days.
If you haven't already, make sure you submit this to the bugs section so our QA team can investigate. Thanks!

EDIT: I have it on good authority that this should be resolved in the upcoming update.

Last edited:

Vdra0089

oooh i am getting my engineering gears turning and i am making a plane: codename spitfighter. i hope to make a better future varient when the update launches

Hey what about the block limit why is that there and not on computer. My guy it's Terra tech your supposed to let me build a fortress of solitude if I want. At least on computer u can. so why on console there's a block limit.your gonna say life isn't fair but this, THIS IS UNFAIR. show some love to console players plz. Matt, do it for us plz there shouldn't be a limit to our creativity.10/10 on everything else though

Last edited:

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
Hey what about the block limit why is that there and not on computer. My guy it's Terra tech your supposed to let me build a fortress of solitude if I want. At least on computer u can. so why on console there's a block limit.your gonna say life isn't fair but this, THIS IS UNFAIR. show some love to console players plz. Matt, do it for us plz there shouldn't be a limit to our creativity.10/10 on everything else though
Console hardware is the limiting factor that makes the block cap required to not blow up your console. PC doesn't have such block cap because computers are modular and can be upgraded while consoles can't be upgraded whatsoever.

Console hardware is the limiting factor that makes the block cap required to not blow up your console. PC doesn't have such block cap because computers are modular and can be upgraded while consoles can't be upgraded whatsoever.
Can they make it bigger though because 5,000 is no we're enough to have a decent creation and a base. I know u said that consoles can't be upgraded but I don't really understand this type of Tech. Thanks for replying to my question btw your actually the first dev like person to reply back are u a modder or dev support or both.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Can they make it bigger though because 5,000 is no we're enough to have a decent creation and a base. I know u said that consoles can't be upgraded but I don't really understand this type of Tech. Thanks for replying to my question btw your actually the first dev like person to reply back are u a modder or dev support or both.
So the block allowance (soon to be renamed to World Capacity) is there to ensure the game runs as smoothly as possible. Removing it, or even increasing it slightly, will have an impact on performance. It's important to note that Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo won't let a game be released on their platform unless it meets their strict criteria. So in essence, even for us to release the game on these consoles the World Capacity is essential.

PC platforms (Steam) have looser restrictions on performance as each PC is different. As long as the Minimum Specs for each game are made clear the player will have an idea if their PC can run the game.

So the block allowance (soon to be renamed to World Capacity) is there to ensure the game runs as smoothly as possible. Removing it, or even increasing it slightly, will have an impact on performance. It's important to note that Microsoft, Sony and Nintendo won't let a game be released on their platform unless it meets their strict criteria. So in essence, even for us to release the game on these consoles the World Capacity is essential.

PC platforms (Steam) have looser restrictions on performance as each PC is different. As long as the Minimum Specs for each game are made clear the player will have an idea if their PC can run the game.
Well the Xbox version already needs to be optimized really bad.so if u optimize it then you might be able to more things like make the block cap bigger or am I think about it in a wrong way.if I am let me know it I was somewhat on the right track

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Well the Xbox version already needs to be optimized really bad.so if u optimize it then you might be able to more things like make the block cap bigger or am I think about it in a wrong way.if I am let me know it I was somewhat on the right track
You are along the right tracks. Although, we'd already optimised the game as much as we could before release. Stripping things back even more would result in a game that isn't fundamentally TerraTech.

Bear in mind, we are constantly optimising TerraTech. It will happen incrementally with each update so you wont necessarily see a huge jump in performance.

I suppose at the end of the day you've got to trust that the block allowance is there for a very good reason and not just because we're a big bad video game maker out to make your game worse (which may also be true).