[Xbox One, 1.0.0.11) Framerate Issues

PhilNGraves

I'm sure this has been reported however I cannot find a post that is of the current build.
The framerate has intermittent 'stutters' that occur when travelling through chunks and aren't that much of an issue. Just listing this to clarify that the fps drops I am referring to are end game and occur mostly during missions to defeat groups of enemies, turrets, bases and defense missions.

Basically overwhelming weapon spam brings the game to a griding halt. Game actually is unplayable during all of the above mission types usually around GSO rank 5 (sometimes oversized turrets with numerous lasers can cause this earlier, as well as the 3 pound cannon spamming types).

I ran up a new save into endgame and didn't unluck Geo at all to try and limit the monolithic pyrimids of megatons. It actually improved the gameplay significantly so long as I don't do any of the previously mentioned missions.

Mostly I am reporting this to see if there is going to be any improvements to the fps issue, and before anyone says it, No, I'm not going to buy a new xbox one x.

Thanks bunches,
-Phil

MrTwister

I'm sure this has been reported however I cannot find a post that is of the current build.
The framerate has intermittent 'stutters' that occur when travelling through chunks and aren't that much of an issue. Just listing this to clarify that the fps drops I am referring to are end game and occur mostly during missions to defeat groups of enemies, turrets, bases and defense missions.

Basically overwhelming weapon spam brings the game to a griding halt. Game actually is unplayable during all of the above mission types usually around GSO rank 5 (sometimes oversized turrets with numerous lasers can cause this earlier, as well as the 3 pound cannon spamming types).

I ran up a new save into endgame and didn't unluck Geo at all to try and limit the monolithic pyrimids of megatons. It actually improved the gameplay significantly so long as I don't do any of the previously mentioned missions.

Mostly I am reporting this to see if there is going to be any improvements to the fps issue, and before anyone says it, No, I'm not going to buy a new xbox one x.

Thanks bunches,
-Phil
Hey Phil, the game is known to be very CPU-heavy due to physics simulation. As the scale of the game and number of blocks grow, it becomes an issue even for high-end desktop CPUs.

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey there PhilNGraves, we're aware that the frame rate can be a bit shaky at some times on the XB1. We're constantly working on optimising performance and we have numerous changes in the works to stop the game performance from getting too bad late game, especially on console, without affecting game play.

Hopefully it should be better in a future build and you won't need to buy a new Xbox :)

Cheers!