wtf how this happen

Nonefots

bestest player
i need an explanation of how this invader killed my so fast. As in what gins did he have. ive never been kill on this tech before and i just want to know how in the world he killed me so fast ezgif-1-2a242c8596de.gif

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
Have you still got the last save before that happened? A snapshot shot of the tech you were using might help also. My guess is that since you were heading perfectly straight at him that his guns were concentrated on one spot and just bored through one block then the next until they got to your cab. I've seen techs with several of the venture rifles ( I forget what they are called at the moment ) do this.

burger1113

Hmm maybe it had gigaton cannons? It seems your shields went down at the same time as you died, so it must have been splash damage.
Could also be cruise missiles.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Nice gif. I'd assume that, if your only cab(s) were near the front of your tech, then it was a load of battleship (or other heavy ) canons getting a lucky sucker-punch on you. That would be overlapping splash damage through shields.

If your cab(s) were far back, then I'd say it's a bug. It's maybe weird how the UI for charge/fuel vanishes a moment before destruction, unless they were all up front too...?

So, yeah, tech snapshot/save plx.

I've moved this thread from "Open" to "Community Help", for now.

Falchoin

I agree with ZeroGravitas, it looks like your cabs got popped by explosive damage (which bleeds through shields). Multiple cabs deep inside techs away from explosive blocks (e.g. missiles and batteries) helps alleviate the issue of dying with battery power left.

Nonefots

bestest player
Have you still got the last save before that happened? A snapshot shot of the tech you were using might help also. My guess is that since you were heading perfectly straight at him that his guns were concentrated on one spot and just bored through one block then the next until they got to your cab. I've seen techs with several of the venture rifles ( I forget what they are called at the moment ) do this.
How would I send a snapshot and a game save

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
How would I send a snapshot and a game save
Snapshots are the png image files in "snapshots" folder here (on PC):
The general location for Save games and Snapshots are located below

C:\Users\*YOUR USER*\Documents\My Games\TerraTech\*YOUR STEAM ID*\Saves\*YOUR PROFILE*

They are then placed in separate folders depending on their type

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
A save game would also be great here, even more so if it's an autosave that is right before this issue happens.
We've seen something similar to this happen in the office, but we haven't seen it again since then, hopefully with a save game we can get a solid repro down for the coders to debug.

Thanks guys!

Nonefots

bestest player
A save game would also be great here, even more so if it's an autosave that is right before this issue happens.
We've seen something similar to this happen in the office, but we haven't seen it again since then, hopefully with a save game we can get a solid repro down for the coders to debug.

Thanks guys!
i guess ill try to find out how to upload a save game

Nonefots

bestest player

Thanks guys!
i also have a savegame right before that happens but i cant find where the savegame is in Documents

-=ROOSTER=-

Complete Idiot
You could just launch the game and load that save just before it happened and get a look at the save name by going to save game (don't actually save just see what the current one is called), and then searching for that name on your drive. Then search out the tech's name also, because the .PNG of the tech has it's data encoded in it. I've had to do it that way several times because my memory sucks. EDIT: LOL nevermind. Did I mention my typing speed sucks too?

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
oh man i found it here is the savegame and the snapshot
Nice.

So yeah, the problem was that you only had one Venture cab right at the front, It's the weakest cab at only 270 health and could easily be killed with multiple simultaneous slash damage hits (the invader has 5 battleship canon and loads of missiles).

Your snapshot also has a GSO cab in the back left, but you'd lost this at some point in the save. :)

Cropper2019-09-24-10-33-38-1145216.jpg

Incidentally, this tech also has the cab re-oriientation bug - you turned the main cab 90 degrees sideways at some point during construction. So the radar arrow points the wrong way, enemies will 'flank' to the side when attacking (instead of behind) and blocks will initially point sideways when attached. There's no fix for this without starting a new tech from scratch.

Nonefots

bestest player
Nice.

So yeah, the problem was that you only had one Venture cab right at the front, It's the weakest cab at only 270 health and could easily be killed with multiple simultaneous slash damage hits (the invader has 5 battleship canon and loads of missiles).

Your snapshot also has a GSO cab in the back left, but you'd lost this at some point in the save. :)

View attachment 28999

Incidentally, this tech also has the cab re-oriientation bug - you turned the main cab 90 degrees sideways at some point during construction. So the radar arrow points the wrong way, enemies will 'flank' to the side when attacking (instead of behind) and blocks will initially point sideways when attached. There's no fix for this without starting a new tech from scratch.
Ok thank you for the insight and I’ll be sure to add more cabs and not use venture