Would anyone actually use a manual aim mod?

Would you use a manual aim mod?

• Yes

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia
Only useful against large techs while using minimal weapon count, as different weapons have different velocities, meaning they won't all go to the same place. Then there is the question of the built in inaccuracy of the guns.

{insert_name_here}

[REDACTED]
Mar 15, 2017
nowhere
Yeah, I would probably use it (if it was in the form of a block and allowed you to turn it off/on by pressing a button).

I'd be really bad at it, but I think it would be fun.

Reactions: harpo99999

Darvin

Commander-in-chief of Carrier Strike Group NOVA-01
Jun 13, 2020
I think aiming is very 1940's, hear me out, back then tanks and planes have conventional guns and bombs without any targeting systems, so their effectiveness is up to the gunner/pilot.

However, pushing to early 21st century we see more and more military around the world adopting the 'first look, first shot, first kill' doctrine. This means that weapons system will detect hostiles long before the operator can see them, thus rendering 'aiming' obsolete (heck, even modern artillery are relying heavily on targeting systems nowadays). Instead, the race is still on concerning who can detect hostiles first, and to my mind this is the smarter approach, rather than making a manual aim feature, TT will benefit from longer radar range, and stealth mechanics (where your tech can disappear from radar, or unable to be targeted altogether)

6dragon67

Aug 31, 2020
I honestly would only if it was very easily switchable (so with smaller techs I can have auto and with bigger tech I would use manual)