Workshop Rating System is Weird?

burger1113

I find that the workshop uploads are being evaluated in weird and non-ideal ways.
E.g., It seems that uploaded contents don't get a star rating until they get at least a few dozen likes. Even when they do, they would start off from 1 star and only go upto 4, which can be misleading since people might see one that hasn't got much attention yet and think that it only deserves a score of 1 out of 5. It doesn't make sense that nothing out there has 5 stars either.
Could we adopt a more generic content rating system?

XJetfireX

Heavy-duty military engineer
And also my tech wasn't shown on Community Core because of the Steam workshop issues. Never trust Steam workshop. Never.

burger1113

Sadly it's a Steam thing, not a TerraTech thing when it comes to workshop ratings. Though I agree it's not ideal.
Yeah I put in a request on their side as well... But maybe devs have some control over how their steam workshop works? I dunno.
@XJetfireX Yep neither did mine... I uploaded a video to show and a workshop link, but it got glossed over lol

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
But maybe devs have some control over how their steam workshop works? I dunno.
Sadly we don't. That's all done by Valve/Steam.

For what it's worth, I do find it slightly arbitrary how the scoring system works and it doesn't really give a good reflection of how good, or bad, the tech is.