Wind

Lyons

Guess who's back. Back again
Hey I am not completely sure how this would work. Maybe it would simply be a graphic and a speed buff for flying vehicle in whichever way it is blowing. But I would like wind that makes it to where your planes/air vehicles go faster with the wind and slower against it. This would add maybe a sails feature for boats in the water that is planned. You could even have land ships that use the wind to increase their speed. I think this would be a very interesting addition and also make the game more then just going around shooting techs. Please give your ideas about this and say whether you want it or not. I would love some feedback

burger1113

some wind turbulance building as you go higher up would be interesting for sure.
I thought they said they wouldn't get big open water into the game though? if the most we see is going to be little lakes and streams, no point for implementing sails, right?
wind turbine that works better on mountain biome or generally the higher you place it would be cool for sure.

Lyons

Guess who's back. Back again
some wind turbulance building as you go higher up would be interesting for sure.
I thought they said they wouldn't get big open water into the game though? if the most we see is going to be little lakes and streams, no point for implementing sails, right?
wind turbine that works better on mountain biome or generally the higher you place it would be cool for sure.
How recently did they say that? Sails would still work on land. It would look cool but also it would increase speed in certain directions. I would put in on my hovercraft.

Kevin Vanderhoef

Eldritch Horror, and Ship's Cat.
Mind you if you want to do something simple like windmills you could put in a a basic "indicator for wind direction, and speed and have them shift randomly by 5 degrees. Ideally, Windmills have an Optimal rotation speed, that they would automatically adjust to so you could temporarily ignore actual wind speed until the Physics are in place.