Wiki

Nanobytez

Dec 7, 2014
So, I can edit the wiki just fine but can't upload proper pictures cuz it just tells me something about a MIME type. Which searching around tells me the file types are different but I can't really DO anything about that since it won't let me modify the destination, what do I do?

Nanobytez

Dec 7, 2014
I just wanna make the coal icon not look horrid. D: Wiki is a nightmare and I wanted to fix it. grrr

Reactions: Jamie

Arrow

Sep 21, 2014
Did someone call for a wiki expert?

I am:

So what did you guys have in mind?

cupid_the_conqueror

Sep 20, 2014
Did someone call for a wiki expert?

I am:

So what did you guys have in mind?
If you can set up a good looking wiki for Terra tech, you will be my hero!

Arrow

Sep 21, 2014
Web design isn't exactly my forte, but generating easy to understand content is. I just bought the R&D thing to test out a few blocks, but the trouble is due to the environment it doesn't really give me many statistics to work with. I can make general sweeping statements (larger wheels are more powerful and result in higher speeds, which can in turn result in your vehicle tipping) but writing articles on individual components is impossible without me being in contact with one of the devs.

Worse still, with the game being in early access, a lot of the information is going to become deprecated very quickly. I'm going to need some assistance from someone in keeping on top of the information.

I'm very glad, however, that we have a proper Mediawiki wiki for TerraTech. I would hate to make it look like a half-assed wikia wiki.

Nanobytez

Dec 7, 2014
A half-assed wikia wiki would be 100% more complete than the current one to be fair. I tried to help it but I have no idea what I'm doing. :D

Arrow

Sep 21, 2014
I totally would write things but I'm honestly concerned that it's not going to be what people have in mind.

...well, I guess I'll see what I can do...

cupid_the_conqueror

Sep 20, 2014
erm, help? http://www.terratechwiki.com/index.php?title=Parts

Somebody add an image of every block in the game, I'll do a write up on each. I don't think there is enough info on each part to justify having different pages for each block.

However, If you guys want to make a bunch of different pages for the parts, simple use parts as a list that has links to all the other sub-pages. again, make the pages , upload the images and I'll do the writing.

Nanobytez

Dec 7, 2014
That's the issue. I couldn't add images. xD AS for part pages, I don't know. I don't think they should have their own since there are so many.

Last edited:

Arrow

Sep 21, 2014
I can take my own screenshots, but all I can do right now is do screencaptures plus paint; unsure if anyone wants to do anything more involved in that.

And I agree, having a single consolidated list for all the parts is better. There isn't enough information right now to justify having blocks for everything.

Alternatively, split it up into factions.

Arrow

Sep 21, 2014
I just employed a few old HTML tricks I learned to reorganize the main page and make more effective use of whitespace; some images are going to be necessary though.

Cupid, do you want to work with me on documenting the blocks? There are quite a few of them and I need some help splitting up some of these images.

Nanobytez

Dec 7, 2014
I like the idea of splitting them up via factions. Venture = light? The greys (forgot the name) = Medium? GSO= heavy?

Arrow

Sep 21, 2014
Just use their actual names, I'd say. Separating them via factions will prevent the blocks from appearing all on one page, while at the same time eliminating the need to have individual pages per block. Once we get more information regarding the blocks (preferably with the assistance of a dev or dev tools) I can go about generating individual pages and comments for each block individually.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
If the wiki goods a good amount of weight behind it - i'll try to convince designer Kris to let some of the block stats go out. Probably nothing that is likely to change much...so things like weight etc.

Reactions: Arrow