Wiki Overhaul II: Help is needed

streak1

Website
steamcommunity.com
I went to take a look at the codings for the Infobox. Can't help but notice the coding style is the older version. If the version is new it would be easier (instead of {} it would be <>)

Then again, I only done this in Wikia, so idk if it will work in Gamepedia.
I have no idea about that. It wasn't me who did that; that was MNSweet's work. But if you know how to do that sort of stuff, feel free. From the little I understand, I think it would still work, since it is MediaWiki. Doesn't hurt to try, I guess.

As I mentioned, it should be something similar to the one game. For reference:

crafting.png

2 to 5 slots for items, one slot for the output. Number markers for each of the numbers (1s don't have to be blank if it's too difficult). Pluses between the items, arrow to the output. White text, white border, blue background (doesn't have to be transparent).

The icons in the crafting template should function like the item templates in rest of the wiki. Click the icon, get to that icon's page on the wiki. Since raw resources and refined resources share the same page, Erudite Shards and Erudite Crystals go to the Erudite page. If that is an issue, you can just use the redirect pages for that. The blocks go to their respective pages as well.

As for the wiki text to put the template in a page, it should look something like this:

{{Crafting infobox
| ingredient1 = Rubber Jelly
| amount1 = 2
| ingredient2 = Luxite Shard
| amount2 = 2
| ingredient3 = Plumbite Ore
| amount3 = 2
| ingredient4 = Ignite Shard
| amount4 = 1
| ingredient5 = Erudite Shard
| amount5 = 1
| output = GeoCorp Foreman GPR Cab
}}

If different sections of the template text are missing, say there is no ingredient5 or amount5, then it should exclude that section from the template itself.

If you can do that, that would be awesome. But don't worry about it if you can't. I can help you with some more info if you need it.

Last edited:

Vaculity

I have no idea about that. It wasn't me who did that; that was MNSweet's work. But if you know how to do that sort of stuff, feel free. From the little I understand, I think it would still work, since it is MediaWiki. Doesn't hurt to try, I guess.

View attachment 9900

2 to 5 slots for items, one slot for the output. Number markers for each of the numbers (1s don't have to be blank if it's too difficult). Pluses between the items, arrow to the output. White text, white border, blue background (doesn't have to be transparent).

The icons in the crafting template should function like the item templates in rest of the wiki. Click the icon, get to that icon's page on the wiki. Since raw resources and refined resources share the same page, Erudite Shards and Erudite Crystals go to the Erudite page. If that is an issue, you can just use the redirect pages for that. The blocks go to their respective pages as well.

As for the wiki text to put the template in a page, it should look something like this:

{{Crafting infobox
| amount1 = 2
| amount2 = 2
| amount3 = 2
| amount4 = 1
| amount5 = 1
}}

If different sections of the template text are missing, say there is no ingredient5 or amount5, then it should exclude that section from the template itself.

If you can do that, that would be awesome. But don't worry about it if you can't. I can help you with some more info if you need it.
I went to look once again at the current Infobox we have... and frankly speaking, its a nightmare for me to even do anything. Trying to break line the command breaks the entire coding in overall, making it not-so-friendly to some coders. Since gamepedia relies more on { }, its beyond my expertise to do anything.

Sorry. :/

Dellamorte

@Gameslinx has added a channel to the discord server for all interested in wiki editing to chat and also pin posts like links to data sheets and so on, I hope this will help in the coordination of this effort. @Lost Ninja some of the work might use some of the data you have collected so you may want to join in.

streak1

Website
steamcommunity.com
There are also the 0.6 updates that were missed inbetween. I can do those, and I'll also edit the stable and unstable templates so it is correct on the front page.

0.6.2 is the latest on there right now. There was up to 0.6.5, and then the unstable updates.

*The update pages themselves are already there. It's just the tables that need to be fixed. Looks like I forgot to do that...

streak1

Website
steamcommunity.com
There wouldn't be anything. The closest thing we have is the crafting section of the current block infobox. Anything else would be too different to help.

The best thing to do is either google to see how to code it, or ask those guys on slack for help.

Lost Ninja

@Gameslinx has added a channel to the discord server for all interested in wiki editing to chat and also pin posts like links to data sheets and so on, I hope this will help in the coordination of this effort. @Lost Ninja some of the work might use some of the data you have collected so you may want to join in.
Data can be freely used, but I'm mostly lurking on the forums and playing other games... bored of TT right now. :(

Exund

Fancy Modder
Somewhere in space, near my Techs (Switzerland)

View attachment 9900

{{Crafting infobox
| amount1 = 2
| amount2 = 2
| amount3 = 2
| amount4 = 1
| amount5 = 1
}}

About that I've managed to do it
But It breaks when there is no ingredient (AKA EXP and SPE blocks)
Will try to fix

BroBane

Temporarily for the time being i could snip the pic of the fabricator required resources.
And post it if that is applicable

maritaria

Website
nuterra.tech
Unlocking blocks can go in two main ways:
1. Unlock on grade reached
2. Findable after grade reached
I will msg you the specs for the existing blocks on discord soon