Wiki Overhaul II: Help is needed

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
Working on bringing the release notes up to date. The recent releases are finished, but since the new site doesn't have most of the old release notes, I am having to update the rest of them with the steam community notes.

I am also removing "version" in all of the infoboxes. To do this, I am linking to the version page, and then telling it to display the number without "version". Here is how:

[[page you want|text you want]]

Doesn't have to be for the version numbers; you can do this with any page link and text.

While I am at it, here is how you do links to pages outside of the wiki:

[URL you want text you want] (There is a space in the middle.)

Last edited:

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
And..... done.

In this first week (including today), we have made:
  • 203 edits
  • 28 new pages
  • 47 new images
So, we have done some good work so far. However, there is still a lot more to do. Keep up the good work!

Reactions: KattStrike

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
Made an icon for the new GeoCorp Receiver that was added (probably accidentally) in today's patch. They should really check their patches before they release them...

screen3.png

Not sure if I want to bother making a page for it yet, seeing as it doesn't do anything.

The next project is going to be pages for Gauntlet and Sumo. Need to get together some ideas for what I want to put in each of the pages.

Sumo should be fairly straight forward, as there isn't much to it really. Build techs, AI fights them. Here is a list of things I want to mention on the page:
  • What sumo is in general
  • A explanation of the UI, how to use it, what the different options do
  • A list of the blocks available, and their quantities
  • Link to a current champions page
  • Some info about different tech types you can encounter in sumo
  • Screenshots of the arena
As for Gauntlet, it is a bit more complicated, as it isn't simply a circular platform. There are a lot of different areas, and I want to include information about each area. That involves getting images to showcase the areas, so I have to figure out how to take good screenshots for those. If only we had noclip and a nohud button...
  • What gauntlet is in general
  • List of blocks you can use (broken in today's update, though I have a canary build)
  • Descriptions of all the different sections of the course, and tricks to get around them.
  • List of the different dispensers on the map, and where they are
  • Some info about different approaches to building techs (might need to make a forum topic for ideas)
  • Gauntlet logo
  • Screenshots of the different sections
There are also all the other challenges that need pages, but I'm gonna focus on these two major ones for now.

Geocorp Jumper

May 24, 2016
I want to help, but the website keeps telling me my username isn't valid when I try to make an account. Can I use my forum account, or am I missing some step in the process?

Lil'Rover

Apr 12, 2016
Okay. I want to contribute to the wiki to make it more helpful for newbies and other players.. Starting to find for pages which have errors :)

Reactions: Jamie

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
Dec 26, 2015
Linköping, Sweden
Good to see a push for the wiki again! :)

We're happy to support you guys wherever we can. Be sure to get in touch if you need anything and we'll do what we can.
You know, we do need some info about when and which patch all the different blocks were added. Think you can hook us up with that info? All blocks need some trivia!

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
Added icons for the new conveyors, besides the Up variant, as it isn't in currently. Also have an icon for the dynamo generator, buzz saw, and SCU.

Also in the process of making a new gif for the color blocks, adding in the new colors. That should be done by tomorrow.

You know, we do need some info about when and which patch all the different blocks were added. Think you can hook us up with that info? All blocks need some trivia!
Most of that should be in the release notes on the wiki or on steam.

Though, it might be nice to get some images for how they used to look, if possible. I know the wiki still has a lot of them, but I am sure there are some missing.

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
Dec 26, 2015
Linköping, Sweden
Most of that should be in the release notes on the wiki or on steam.

Though, it might be nice to get some images for how they used to look, if possible. I know the wiki still has a lot of them, but I am sure there are some missing.
Do you want to look through all the notes(It will take ages)? Btw, did you find any mistakes on the block page?

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
Deleted the to-do list in the OP and transferred it to a google doc. That way, anyone can update it and make suggestions.

Rollbacks are just as easy there as they are on the wiki, if not easier, so vandalism shouldn't be a problem.

Reactions: Jamie