WHY WORLD WHY!?!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Open' started by Lyons, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Lyons

Lyons Guess who's back. Back again

Has anyone noticed that all of our flying battleships and stuff that we spent tons of time on are now ruined by the new hovers? It's so sad even though the new hover system is cool.

2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

There's a bug with rotational friction/inertia which is causing instability (particularly of roll and pitch) with all aircraft and other things. Should be fixed soon. Might that be what you're seeing?

3. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

I've noticed that my airships actually fly better after the update, as the hovers now cause them to fall slower and not bounce along the ground.
    The broken angular drag is causing very serious issues though.

4. Lyons

Its all of these and also they seem to have decreased the venture hovers.

Soviet_Samuelson likes this.
  5. ZeroGravitas

I don't think there's been any tweak to the raw power of the Venture Zero G Plate (geez, what a silly name...) because GK's perfectly balanced hover-bug techs are still perfectly balanced.

But their dynamic response to terrain at varying distances will certainly be different.

Lord Zarnox and Aardvark123 like this.
  6. Lyons

My hover tech doesn't rise as fast as it used to and it uses a lot of zero g's. I thought they had decreased its power.

Lord Zarnox and ZeroGravitas like this.
  7. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

Maybe they simply made them dynamically change their thrust/lift force, which, ironically enough, the description of the Zero G Plate specifically says that it can't be turned off, which likely means it is always at full power.

8. ZeroGravitas

Yeah, well, I think the new hover plate stabilisation code will mean that their force should vary dynamically, depending on the motion of the tech. So different forces may be exerted, even when the ground is at the same distance from them, depending upon if they are in upwards or downwards motion, etc.

But the max force, when you have a (hub) wheel right adjacent to them, appears to be the same, in a stead state pose, at least.

Lord Zarnox likes this.