Why I heavily dislike Cloudfare

Do you like cloudfare?

• Total voters

The Grand Teki

I'm typing a reply to a thread, nothing unusual. While I'm typing, I get a "bad gateway error" from Cloudfare. I close it and continue writing. After half a minute, I get that notification again. I say "strange" and I continue writing. I continue to get it 3 more times then I say "enough's enough". Why doesn't the forum or Cloudfare handle this automatically? Why do we have to manually cancel a notification every 30 seconds? Is it possible to ditch Cloudfare?

Zed

I'm typing a reply to a thread, nothing unusual. While I'm typing, I get a "bad gateway error" from Cloudfare. I close it and continue writing. After half a minute, I get that notification again. I say "strange" and I continue writing. I continue to get it 3 more times then I say "enough's enough". Why doesn't the forum or Cloudfare handle this automatically? Why do we have to manually cancel a notification every 30 seconds? Is it possible to ditch Cloudfare?
While I have no opinion regarding the backup capacities of cloudflare as it provides access to the useful information stored within forums regarding Terratech Gameplay I do agree that the check cycle of 30 seconds while attempting to craft a written reply is rather burdensome. Perhaps cloudflare could be set to check for a live version every 300 seconds (5 minutes) as opposed to every 30 seconds?

P

Pink Kitty

I know i'm sick of seeing the 502 message.

I see it once every thread, and several times if i make a long post.

TLDR: i ******* hate it.