Why don't I feel safe when sheilded?

Ncc1702

Nov 10, 2014
Personally I'd be a fan of a higher tier shield that pushes blocks, enemy techs, and resources away but not projectiles. Coupled with a higher energy requirement I'd think the different shields would allow for a different play style

Reactions: Coder

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
Personally I'd be a fan of a higher tier shield that pushes blocks, enemy techs, and resources away but not projectiles. Coupled with a higher energy requirement I'd think the different shields would allow for a different play style
I think a variety of shields would be awesome to mix and match in my tech making it unstoppable. As long as there is a way to shield from the various types of attacks, the more options and blocks the better. A good way to get some new blocks in game as well.

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
I would personally like impenetrable shields. THAT is. you can shoot out from the inside. but no enemies can shoot in or drive through it=)

BUT When the shield goes down. it should have sufficient cooldown. even if you have a spare battery. it will become"overheated" for some time=) ?

NOW I dont know if the powerplants could drive it indefinately. that would not be good(in a base) it should be able to be taken down.

Thinking of the issue with constant energy flow(solar power)

so it needs to have 2 life bars.

ONE power bar. which is ultimate. and one "overheat bar" that can take a certain amount of gunfire before going down even if there is power enough to keep it=) ??

What do you guys think?
What spare battery?
If it's on your tech, it's being used.
And if Shields have a limit/cool down, sensible people will just stack them.

GameSpender

Dec 21, 2014
I would personally like impenetrable shields. THAT is. you can shoot out from the inside. but no enemies can shoot in or drive through it=)

BUT When the shield goes down. it should have sufficient cooldown. even if you have a spare battery. it will become"overheated" for some time=) ?

NOW I dont know if the powerplants could drive it indefinately. that would not be good(in a base) it should be able to be taken down.

Thinking of the issue with constant energy flow(solar power)

so it needs to have 2 life bars.

ONE power bar. which is ultimate. and one "overheat bar" that can take a certain amount of gunfire before going down even if there is power enough to keep it=) ??

What do you guys think?
Then you could stack shields on top off each others. Then game would be about having more shields

Coder

Jun 30, 2015
Also, with enough firepower it should be possible to overwhelm even base generators (even if that is not the case now)
Do you propose making generators produce power slowly instead of converting fuel to electricity instantly?

Dan Andre Syrtveit

Jan 10, 2015
Yeah when I say overheat. I mean. hmm. or does the shield draw much more power when its attacked?=)

Like say if you have a base. and just one solar generator. The shield will go down quite fast.

BUT If you have the same base, one solar gen, and a ton of batteries too. Will the shield last much much much longer then??=)

Can i fill up on batteries and have an "eternal" shield. OR does the shield at some point "overheat" even though it has enough power?=)

Coder

Jun 30, 2015
does the shield draw much more power when its attacked?
Sure it already does. Than more damage it absorbs than more power it consumes.
Like say if you have a base. and just one solar generator. The shield will go down quite fast.
But one solar panel produces loads of electricity. You'll have to deal tons of dps to make the shield go down.
Can i fill up on batteries and have an "eternal" shield. OR does the shield at some point "overheat" even though it has enough power?=)
No. In the current version shields stay up as long as you have power.

Reactions: Dan Andre Syrtveit

GameSpender

Dec 21, 2014
Yeah when I say overheat. I mean. hmm. or does the shield draw much more power when its attacked?=)

BUT If you have the same base, one solar gen, and a ton of batteries too. Will the shield last much much much longer then??=)

I would just make limit of shields on robot according to amount of other blocks; like 90% of ur robot must be not-a-shield. Thus the over heat and BOOM! Balanced game.

Ncc1702

Nov 10, 2014
Why not a diminishing rate of return on energy efficiency. So the more shields you have it simply will require an exponentially more amount of power after say five or so

Reactions: GameSpender

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
another idea for limiting shields on a tech, ie each shield of a type INTERFERES with another of the same type in the shield range, ie shields can NOT overlap or shields fail

Coder

Jun 30, 2015
Why not a diminishing rate of return on energy efficiency. So the more shields you have it simply will require an exponentially more amount of power after say five or so
It's counterintuitive. Every one expects that N shields consume C*N power where C is constant.

Reactions: Admiral Naismith

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I have suggested a whole tech shield generator that would do the same job as the current shields, but you only attach one block (shield generator) to your tech and you are completely covered by one big shield as long as you have pwer to run it.

There would be no overlapping bubbles, no need for loading your tech with dozens of bubbles and it might even look cool.

The other things is that the shield would only have a visible outline not the overwhelming bubble that we have now.

I think this is the way to go for both the shields and the regen bubbles.

Just a thought

Nate

Aug 18, 2014
I'm not a fan of shields. Seems a clunky way to prevent your tech from immediately falling apart after just a little damage. Why not have tech parts naturally last longer in combat?