Why do you like TerraTech?

Discussion in 'Ramblings' started by Dat Derp, Aug 2, 2018.

1. Dat Derp

Dat Derp Chief SFS scientist

In the comments say somethings that you like and something you don't like/would improve.

2. Dat Derp

Dat Derp Chief SFS scientist

I like that there is so much to do if your willing to put some time in. You can make a tech sure but then you can make a plane and then you discover the crazy world that is hovers. That's how it went for me but one day I decided to check to see if there was any forums for this game. Just when I thought I knew everything I discovered on the forums the hover bug and multi techs. One of the first threads I made had @Zeena comment on it which made my mind explode as I realised the devs openly talked to people, answered questions, and were friendly. (Which is mainly why I got rnd, to support the devs) It's just amazing that there is such a friendly community which are more than happy to help people if they are new.

For the bad part one word...

AI

3. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER

That's actually really good!

I love the AI bit.

Mine: I'd also say the community, and the creative aspect of the game. I have to say, thankyou @QuackDuck for being the first person to interact with me here, even if now I see it as cringey.

Bad thing: AI, flight dynamics, no Hawkeye Gyro, hovers still broke and WATER (payload, please make the mod stock...).

AstraTheDragon and Dat Derp like this.
  4. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

Thank you! I hope my cringe levels have decreased :p

What I like about TerraTech is the freedom when building things. There are some restrictions (I still don't like the wheel restrictions), but you can still build so many creations if you have the imagination to do so.

What I don't like is how the devs don't seem to know how to balance things in small increments. For example:
    "Increased blast radius of the Megaton cannon" - Megaton shell becomes a nuclear bomb
    "Increased strength of hover plates" - Hover plates become 4x stronger, breaking everything which used them

5. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

I like Terra Tech because it's not hardcore, its easy to learn the basics, it doesn't frighten or worry you, it's creative, it allows you to escape and role play among the stars, but most of all the community is great. My 'favourite-alpha-number-1-obsession' game used to be Terraria (hence my profile picture) but the sly charms of TerraTech sneakily reeled me into the trap which allowed the community to ensnare me hook line and sinker. When I do something in TerraTech and share it, I always get positive feedback whether that be working on a resource pack, building an airship killer or something else entirely. Interacting with the community also gave me the opportunity to contribute towards it by helping out and encouraging people and working on the wiki which I enjoy. I also made some new friends through the Discord chat, namely QuackDuck, WhitePaw, Salt, Zed and a few others I'm sure.

What I don't like about TerraTech is, like QuackDuck said, the limitations. I can understand why a delivery cannon must face upwards but a refinery and a fabricator should be fine on their side, right? Maybe crafting blocks rotation along with wheels could be enabled if the player choses it? For now though, we have menu brawl techs that cannot be recreated without retrograding your game version...

Galrex, JimmyBlether and Dat Derp like this.
  6. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER

No, not you.

It was me who was the cringer.

I found that really funny!

I would like that removed, honestly.
    That's really good too!

7. BenBacon

BenBacon Founder Of Bacon, Inc

I like TT because you can build whatever you want. There aren't really that many restrictions other than the 64x64x64 build limit. The game is also simple when it comes to mechanics and graphics. The grid pattern the game follows when building makes building simple and. Both the campaign and MP are good game modes, but could also use improvement

Things I don't like about TT are that there still is a lot of lag and that crafting can be sometimes be very confusing. There are also some bugs related to weight balance on planes and hovers that are very annoying

JimmyBlether likes this.