Where is my tech?

Discussion in 'TT Unstable' started by Nightblade Greyswandir, Aug 10, 2017.

1. Nightblade Greyswandir

Nightblade Greyswandir Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

And all keyboard commands are non responsive.

2. Nightblade Greyswandir

Forgotten save game

Attached Files:

3. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

Heh. Just take some time out to relax with nature. No need to be in such a hurry all the time... ;)

4. Sharra

Sharra Well-Known Member

Thats, what i would call a "clean save" ^^

5. reaperx1

reaperx1 Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe Canary Dancing Tech ReaperX - Old Banners

Stealth mode has been engaged :). Have a good one [8D)

6. Black Wyvern

Black Wyvern Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

7. Nightblade Greyswandir

The Grand Teki likes this.
  8. Black Wyvern

Black Wyvern Well-Known Member Beta Deluxe

Mn.. Went through and watched the video again. Indeed it is not. I got to ~40s and figured it was the same issue I got when my save broke, so stopped watching. But you can access the build menu, which I could not. Interesting.

9. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

While I did not post regarding the occurrence another savegame of mine from an earlier version loaded into 0.7.6.3 resulted in a minor break where the salt flat turned into a mountain area and destroyed one of the two Ornithopter techs but released the other (perhaps the hoverpads forced it to the surface) but since then the savegame has not had any problems within 0.7.6.3 unstable.

Thinking back on it some more, the 0.7.6 stable save might be the one located in my thread regarding the venture AI.

10. Nightblade Greyswandir

@Adriano
    Happened again!!!

When I tried to load this save game it crashed my TT. Sent report with text "My tech is missing", FYI.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  11. Nightblade Greyswandir

BTW this is very STRONG case in favor of having more than one auto save game per world. Or any autosave mechanism that will give us game backup possibility.
    I do not think that any reasons of having single non-stop-overwritten save game is valid any more. It just can add on frustrations, instead of making great game play.

Pink Kitty and Masakari like this.
  12. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

I have also experienced this phenomenon in a 0.7.6.3 creative save.

20170815212838_1.jpg

Background Information:

0.7.6.3 "clean" creative save created within a new profile from 0.7.6.3
    Tech Pictured is a cleanly constructed Tech within the creative save. (YAFF 400)
    Missing Tech was a "loaded tech" which was then altered and snapshotted under a different name. (YAFF 440)
    Missing Tech's Presence remains Indicated on minimap.
    Player had not traveled a significant distance (hopefully remained within the same mapchunk)

Savegame, Photo and output log upon loading the savegame are included in the .zip

Attached Files: