Where are the Salt Flats?

Knyghtefall

I've been tooling around two areas I *think* are the Salt Flats, without seeing any enemies with EXP parts. Can someone clear up where the Salt Flats are so that I can be sure that I'm in the right area?

I *think* its the area where the Guardian with the hoverplates are, but I'm not certain about that.

Ashar

salt flats are the snowy looking areas, ive had trouble finding exp parts there too, i googled salt flats and real life salt flats look exactly the same:

Knyghtefall

Hmmm...I'm in an area that looks like that, but no EXP parts. Just lots of little critters and the occasional (non-EXP) Nomad.

Vhargon

As of the current version, salt flats contain both GSO and EXP enemies. The intention was to make it so that players without R&D will still find GSO enemies in the biome. Unfortunately, because there aren't enough EXP nomads/critters currently in the game, the spawn pool for the salt flats is completely dominated by GSO.

There are two improvements coming soon that will help to solve this problem.

-Kris recently streamed the creation of many more EXP enemies. They will all be present in the next update.
-Kris also mentioned* that salt flats on the R&D client might be changed to prefer spawning EXP over GSO.

*I can not remember if this was confirmed to be coming in the next update. I'll ask in the next twitch stream.

i googled salt flats and real life salt flats look exactly the same
They're fascinating, aren't they?

Knyghtefall

So, basically, just keep killin' the GSO Techs and eventually some EXP Techs will show up?

Ashar

seems like we need to purge the world of GSO with fire, and salt the earth...and luckily the 2nd part is already completed

Azuratte

Oooh ooh, now in want flame throwers. Big ones, with, that act more like napalm.

Cusuno

Salt falts do not appear on any world, untill you are at least 2000-3000 from the start point.
Yeah, that's an inconvenience. Can't find the salt biome anywhere on my world. Though you can use the scrapper on parts you don't need to acquire resources that are only available in the salt biome, unless you're looking for parts that only appear in this biome.

GamerParrish

Simple way to find a salt flats. Turn ur seeing distance to max. Then make a basic plane and fly around until you find that flat blue beauty called the salt flats.