When will MP get a fix?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by WhitePaw2002, Jun 7, 2018.

?

What would you like?

1. Bigger MP map

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. MP map on a treadmill (basically normal terrain at that point)

4 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Co-op creative

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  4. Pretty much any other MP game mode

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  5. Weather

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  6. Varying MP maps

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  7. Devs to actually tell us what they are doing at the moment

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  8. Tofu

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. WhitePaw2002

WhitePaw2002 Modding Husky

Right now, MP consists of a fixed map plane with no variation, only permitting destruction upon others. Co-op looks like it was wiped from existence, and the other hinted gamemodes are nowhere to be seen.
    When will we have random seeds for maps?
    When will we have chunk loading for games?
    When will deathmatch not be the only gamemode allowed?
    Will there be rain or any kind of weather?

...add more below I've run out of ideas

2. Zed

Zed Well-Known Member

Voted: "Any other Game Mode"

Now that MP Deathmatch is largely fixed from 8.0 to 8.1.1 Additional Game Modes are needed.

1) Co-Op Creative *Could* work again as long as the host (and only the host) were able to spawn as many or as few blocks as desired based on their computer's specifications / network connection / desired building guidelines for the Co-Op Session.

2) A Venture Themed Competitive Racing mode for younger members of the TerraTech Community where players are able to compete against one another within non-combative circumstances. (MP Gauntlet)

3) MP "Base Deathmatch" where players are given a 16x16 box (similar to a sumo platform "corner") with random resource seams located therein, the player must then harvest resources with the base and purchase additional blocks (but no wheels/ cabs) to improve their bases. This mode could have economic goals (highest bb value of base / highest BB in account) or destructive ones (X minute Ceasefire before all bases begin shooting)

4) Dogfights (flying combat) where players pick from 4/6/8 pre-made planes and kills accrue BB currency along with pts for kills. Modfying the planes should be disallowed for this mode to ensure fairness in so far as the mode will highlight piloting skills / strategy.

5) AI Minions Similar to #3 except where players are expected to build AI minions to attack the competing bases based on the blocks they are able to afford through mining efforts.

3. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER

Payload, add the above please!

TheAlmightyBread likes this.
  4. Masakari

Masakari Well-Known Member
    Most Ingenious

@WhitePaw2002 Need to add mutli-choice as I see 4 I want to put down in the vote.

JimmyBlether likes this.
  5. WhitePaw2002

That'd be my bad, I thought it was multi choice

Masakari and AstraTheDragon like this.
  6. TheAlmightyBread

TheAlmightyBread Well-Known Member

Co-op survival or creative is something TerraTech needs badly. It is what everyone expected when they first heard the words "Multiplayer is coming to TerraTech". The Battle Royale we have in TerraTech right now is cool and all, but it never should have been the first multiplayer gamemode.

Whatever experience you could get out of Battle Royale, you could get 10x that from Minecraft style co-op multiplayer. Honestly, you could have Battle Royale inside of co-op style multiplayer.

Using this Battle Royale as TerraTech's first MP gamemode is like teaching a computer science student machine learning for their first lesson. It is such an oddly specific branch of multiplayer to start with, when you could just make the basic peer-to-peer (I hope I used that word right) co-op multiplayer and there you go! You just gave your playerbase the ability to make any branch, subclass, or type of MP they want and if one type gets popular then you can add that as an official gamemode.

That is what a beta should be, not some specific branch of the feature you're trying to add but rather the most important characteristic of the feature you are trying to add.

But the worst part in all of this is that the devs (to my knowledge) never explained WHY they did this. If they at least gave reasoning as to why MP started with such a niche gamemode then it would be slightly easier to understand.

And what's even harder to understand is why they gave us creative MP and then removed it.
    Anyways, @Jamie explin pl0x ;-;

7. TheAlmightyBread

TheAlmightyBread Well-Known Member

The first option makes literally all the other game modes you mentioned work. And even better, it has been done before.

8. Khaine

Khaine Well-Known Member

Well I play Rust and Minecraft Factions, so take a wild guess which MP mode I'd like.. :D

9. Jamie

Jamie PAYLOAD STUDIOS
    Producer

More MP maps are coming for 1.0.

Co-Op Creative was put aside so that we can focus on finishing the game for console release. It will follow shortly after launch.

JimmyBlether and WhitePaw2002 like this.
  10. WhitePaw2002

Sounds good to me :D

11. toqer

toqer Well-Known Member

My first post and I LOVE THIS GAME. OMG best game ever, it's my crack cocaine.

bestmp.png

I have a lot of opinions on multiplayer. Let's start out with a basic.

Leaderboards and Stats
    People love seeing who the best is. People love seeing what lead someone else to victory.

General Tweaks
    Restrict Corporation- Let's you restrict certain corporations for a match.
    Timeless - No time limit.
    Score based on rank (This makes good, higher ranked players worth more to kill, 1 extra point/kill streak bonus too)

Gamebrowser Tweaks
    See the time left in a match.

Host Stats
    Track how many hours a "host" hosts games. Display that. Also along the same lines, show how many times a host has shutdown the game early. Let's weed out flaky or sensitive hosts.

New Gamemodes
    Capture the flag - create a map with pre-built bases. Keep the openings small so only smaller vehicles can battle inside.
    Defend from the horde - Wave after wave of AI bots come after you. Work with your teammates to keep defenses built to protect your SCU unit.
    MOBA - Just like any other MOBA, prebuilt maps with various center/left/right passages. Keep your altar (or SCU) protected.

Aardvark123 and JimmyBlether like this.
  12. JimmyBlether

JimmyBlether SFS SUPREME COMMANDER

I actually really like these suggestions! I'm not sure if:
    That is allowed but its funny.

13. Lost Ninja

Lost Ninja Well-Known Member

I'm waiting on Survival Multiplayer. While Creative MP is interesting I seldom play for long in creative (in any game) as I find it boring. To the point if they made a 2nd DLC pack with only that in it (like the R&D pack) I'd buy it assuming it was sensibly priced ofc.

14. Khaine

Khaine Well-Known Member

Survival Multiplayer? Yes, please. Factions Multiplayer? YES, PLEASE!!! :D

15. demon_lord_lucifer

demon_lord_lucifer New Member

hay what about abandoning the whole battle royal fortnite thing and making actual multiplayer you know co-op that thing we used to have before battle royal

JimmyBlether likes this.