when is the new update going to come out on Console

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its been almost 8 months since the bf update on pc and consoles last update. Almost two months since the devs said the update is coming to consoles. At this point im more upset at the high and mighty pc players than devs not telling me I wont get to update my game I payed for because I saw the bf update on youtube. Im waiting but honestly I dont know why Im waiting anymore because this is the biggest question on the forum as it is asked EVERY single day now. Why are we getting pushed aside? Is it because we cant offer a second investment into the game via RnD mode? Idk but Im kinda sick of waking up everyday just to learn the question was asked again just to be told to be nice and wait. Yeah the devs are having a problem with the update I get that but we are going on 8 months now and at this point I can understand why people have/will be deleting their games.

Hlebuw3k

The Bread Cat
Im tired of this question and because of that i will be salty in this comment. HEY LOOK AT THAT! ANOTHER KID THAT DIDNT LEARN ANYTHING IN HIS LIFE! WHAT A SURPRISE! BE AN ADULT? NOOO I WILL ASK THE SAME QUESTION OVER AND OVER AGAIN BECAUSE DEVS DIDNT POINT OUT ENOUGH THAT THEY WILL TELL YOU WHEN THE UPDATE WILL COME OUT. WHAT? THEY DID? NOO YOU ARE LYING TO ME I DONT BELIEVE YOU. WHAT? ITS JUST UP HERE? SCOLL THE PAGE? NAH IM GOOD. Sorry i had to. I will delete it of you ask me to

Last edited:
Thank you for the insight it really deepens the conversation and helps us reach a resolution. But telling us to "be patient and wait" in a game where you build stuff is kinda ironic since we have built everything we want already. Now its basically do nothing till the update or delete. As we all have limited space for the things we wish to play and would like to know if we are wasting our time saving the space for god knows how long or if it truly is "soon". Now this is directed at the people who are sick of seeing other peoples problems. If your on pc then seeing a thread about consoles wanting the update it shouldnt bother you until its a real problem. One or two a week should be nothing but daily by different people should throw some flags up especially if its the topic brought up the most. We want to play the game still but have reached a road block and are tring to decide if its worth waiting for it to be cleared.

We don't care about the co-op or multiplayer that much we just went to the Future Tech before that and possibly a way to share Tech like you in download it on the Xbox because terratech has not been updated on Xbox for diculous amount of time a lot of lot of people is on the edge of just getting up on that game because we're running out of stuff to make that's why the future Tech will make the game somewhat popular again

And plus why do not all not have a beta Insider Hub on Xbox because your game someone deserves a beta so the rest of the gaming communities can help see how many people I really wants the xbox update

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
Hey @Matt, it's me again. Any news regarding the 3/4 year old update we've all been waiting so anxiously for, or is it still hamstrung by unity? Its getting really annoying seeing all the stuff you KEEP GIVING PC. Piece it out and give us better future already. Or are you too busy optimising more things for the "Master race" to remember that we payed for this game too? What exactly is your priority, because it's obviously not your customers.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
It's still a work in progress (really not that long now).

We'll let you know as soon as there is any update on when you can expect it. I promise!

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
Is it unity, or is the content really a "work in progress"? Because it really seems to work well on PC, with finished textures, sky anchors, new lasers... What I'm saying is quit lying and just admit you took our money and put it toward making the game better for your "master race". If you can keep feeding them content, why cant you release an update with color schemes, or the new parts for the current companies? Maybe even just the better future blocks. It can't be that hard. You already ported a whole game, with less issues than most developers. Just give us what we payed for and quit backpedalling.

Is it unity, or is the content really a "work in progress"? Because it really seems to work well on PC, with finished textures, sky anchors, new lasers... What I'm saying is quit lying and just admit you took our money and put it toward making the game better for your "master race". If you can keep feeding them content, why cant you release an update with color schemes, or the new parts for the current companies? Maybe even just the better future blocks. It can't be that hard. You already ported a whole game, with less issues than most developers. Just give us what we payed for and quit backpedalling.
One such reason that provides issues: NOT ENOUGH BUTTONS.

Saelem Black

Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy
Jeez these threads are exhausting. They highlight the exact reason why society thinks gamers are entitled. Let me spell this out simply for everyone salty about the console updates:

The devs don't owe you a console update. You paid for TT in the state it was in on the date you purchased it. The devs from payload are not under any obligation to publish more content for you.

If this was a software-as-a-service game, or an mmo, that would be different, but it's not. You paid a tiny price tag for an indie game; you have no right to demand anything, whatsoever. Your transaction is over. You have not been mislead, and nothing has been taken away from you. Just because the PC version has more toys (for the moment) doesn't mean you're being oppressed, disregarded, ignored, or whatever self-serving melodramatic term you want to use.

I get being impatient. But spend time in literally any real world product development company and you'll understand how this works. "Soon" in gamer terms is "this week". "Soon" in business terms is "this quarter". If you want to know how much of a pain it is to develop for consoles, have you forgotten Bethesda trying to implement mods on the PS4? Waves of company politics, proprietary software, technology rights, etc.

Literally insulting the devs because you think you're owed something is misguided, counterproductive, and the definition of entitled. It's juvenile. Knock it off. We don't want people like that in the TT community. This isn't League of Legends. The only reason you feel empowered enough to be so disrespectful is because you know there aren't any consequences for it. Be a better human than that. If you wouldn't say it in person, don't say it on a forum.

If you're spun up about the console update, take a break from TT for a while. Go play Fire Emblem: Three Houses or the new No-Man's Sky update. Come back in a month or two, and politely ask what the progress on the update is. If you can't be polite, don't post at all.

Last edited:
Jeez these threads are exhausting. They highlight the exact reason why society thinks gamers are entitled. Let me spell this out simply for everyone salty about the console updates:

The devs don't owe you a console update. You paid for TT in the state it was in on the date you purchased it. The devs from payload are not under any obligation to publish more content for you.

If this was a software-as-a-service game, or an mmo, that would be different, but it's not. You paid a tiny price tag for an indie game; you have no right to demand anything, whatsoever. Your transaction is over. You have not been mislead, and nothing has been taken away from you. Just because the PC version has more toys (for the moment) doesn't mean you're being oppressed, disregarded, ignored, or whatever self-serving melodramatic term you want to use.

I get being impatient. But spend time in literally any real world product development company and you'll understand how this works. "Soon" in gamer terms is "this week". "Soon" in business terms is "this quarter". If you want to know how much of a pain it is to develop for consoles, have you forgotten Bethesda trying to implement mods on the PS4? Waves of company politics, proprietary software, technology rights, etc.

Literally insulting the devs because you think you're owed something is misguided, counterproductive, and the definition of entitled. It's juvenile. Knock it off. We don't want people like that in the TT community. This isn't League of Legends. The only reason you feel empowered enough to be so disrespectful is because you know there aren't any consequences for it. Be a better human than that. If you wouldn't say it in person, don't say it on a forum.

If you're spun up about the console update, take a break from TT for a while. Go play Fire Emblem: Three Houses or the new No-Man's Sky update. Come back in a month or two, and politely ask what the progress on the update is. If you can't be polite, don't post at all.
That is the way to say it. Personally i think the devs should stop working on pc until the console update is out. @Matt listen to me

HayderHurder

Hawkeye Sky Pirate
I don't even know why I bother. The fact that it's still mostly PC trolls that respond is just icing on the cake. Payload needs to sell out to a real developer. Maybe dice? Just kidding. Then we might have functioning multiplayer.

I don't even know why I bother. The fact that it's still mostly PC trolls that respond is just icing on the cake. Payload needs to sell out to a real developer. Maybe dice? Just kidding. Then we might have functioning multiplayer.
Are you even taking the time to read the serious replies? If anything, you would be considered the troll here.

Status
Not open for further replies.