What's up with GeoCorp bumpers?

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by Twigjack, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Twigjack

Twigjack Member

Do any of you use them? What for? I never see them on builds.

2. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

I use them as bumpers to protect the wheels on fast techs. Mostly, I use them to make multitechs, for example I used them as bearings for a missile artillery truck and as guide rails for my cable car. I also use the bumpers for decoration, like making exhaust pipes and greebles.

JimmyBlether likes this.
  3. Potato

Potato Tinkerer of Titäns

Yep! I usually use them either decoratively or as part of a Multitech bearing.

JimmyBlether likes this.
  4. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

They are a relatively new block, introduced at the end of last year, so there aren't many population enemy techs (or build in invaders) using them, yet.

5. Twigjack

Twigjack Member

Quackduck, does this mean bumpers have higher hp than most blocks, more impact resistance, more resistance to being knocked off from damage, or what?

Potato and Quackduck, you both mentioned bearings. What do you mean by this? I'm thinking of ball-bearings and I'm not sure how the bumpers would apply.

6. Dynamix

Dynamix Do you want to have a GOOD time?

You could freely shape bumpers in any way you want,so people used these as an alternative to the R&D bearings and tow hooks and rings.They to this by intersecting two loops of bumpers of two techs to each other.

QuackDuck likes this.
  7. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

No, they're just smaller so they look better than, say, having a GSO 5 block randomly sticking out to protect a wheel.

This is correct, I use the bumpers mostly as connections between a tech and a trailer, e.g. on one of my Skytrains. I also use them as loose bearings for angled artillery as a cheap solution to absorb recoil.

An example of a bearing made from a bumper can be found in the first 15 seconds of the video below.

8. Deutsche Würfel

Deutsche Würfel I look good in this dress.

bumpers are tougher than blocks of similar size. But too heavy.
    Really, Venture need a lighter version.
    Me, i use them as strong connectors. The long ones only.
    The small ones are too fragile. You might as well use single blocks. so, no.

9. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

I love using them for decoration and holding together bits of a tech that I still need to build the superstructure for.