What's This?

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
That's a new one on me.

Could you give us a few more details about your situation? What OS you running? Did you just get the game recently?

If it's downloaded through Steam, I can't imagine it being a genuine infection. What malware checker it that? If you're sure about the origin of your game download, then obviously just add an exception for TerraTech. I think there have been some issues with security software blocking save file writes, because it's mentioned in the dev's troubleshooting FAQ (point 10).

That's a new one on me.

Could you give us a few more details about your situation? What OS you running? Did you just get the game recently?

If it's downloaded through Steam, I can't imagine it being a genuine infection. What malware checker it that? If you're sure about the origin of your game download, then obviously just add an exception for TerraTech. I think there have been some issues with security software blocking save file writes, because it's mentioned in the dev's troubleshooting FAQ (point 10).
Running Windows 8.1, more than enough GPU/CPU 8GB Ram and so on, it runs great. Just this one time I tried to save my anti-virus, Bit Defender, flagged it and quarantined some files, worked good but it removed my saved game file so that's all. I re-installed it anyway cause it kept looking for another save file I wasn't using anymore. I just deleted that one from the "Saves" folder. All good now. Must've just been a hiccup. And yes I used steam to download and verify the files.

All seems to be working fine as intended now though, thank you.

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
Antivirus software can do some pretty stupid things sometimes. There is a reason Norton is considered malware...

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
Listen, one time Malwarebytes identified windows (Not just a single system 32) the whole system as a virus. It's buggy a ton
To quote the TV tropes page Idiot Programming, in the section Threat Prevention Prevention Software:
On April 15th, 2013, Malwarebytes had a catastrophic false positive error, which caused it to mark every DLL, media file, and EXE as a trojan downloader and quarantine it. This ate up many users' hard drives, and rendered hundreds of machines inoperable, causing a large number of files to be lost forever.
The entire page is worth a read, as it shows how bad programmers can really screw up.
An entire page of bad programming examples

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Listen, one time Malwarebytes identified windows (Not just a single system 32) the whole system as a virus. It's buggy a ton
that is one of the reasons I do not recommend 'malware BITES' to my customers, instead I suggest 'superantispyware', yes the name is suspect, but it seems to remove the shit fairly well, and for the temp/web browser junk, I suggest bleachbit

GamerParrish

that is one of the reasons I do not recommend 'malware BITES' to my customers, instead I suggest 'superantispyware', yes the name is suspect, but it seems to remove the shit fairly well, and for the temp/web browser junk, I suggest bleachbit
I use Malwarebytes cause it has a great detection deal, but it falsely detects a ton

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
and the antivirus conflicting with every other antivirus I have seen
You do realise your not supposed to have more than one antivirus active at once, right? They get into a feedback loop of identifying each others scans as new viruses, which triggers it again, and again, and again...
To quote the TV tropes page I linked above again:
One common problem among non-tech savvy users is that antivirus programs are often designed to work alone, not cooperate with other antivirus programs. As a result, if you accidentally install two different antivirus programs (or Windows Defender and any other), three things can happen:
◦ One: The first program recognizes the second and quarantines it.
◦ Two: The two programs start fighting each other, attempting to quarantine each other, which takes up a lot of RAM and CPU power, because both programs want to protect your computer from each other.
◦ Three: The two programs do the same as in Two, except they also screw up various system settings, and/or quarantine important files.

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
And to quote it again, about Norton:
Norton's notorious for this sort of thing:
◦ Norton Internet Security blocks any and all images with certain dimensions, specifically those that are commonly used for advertisements. Problem is, at least one of the sizes is also commonly used by sites for non-ad purposes. In older versions, this could not be turned off without disabling all filtering completely.
◦ Some older versions of Norton products, particularly Norton SystemWorks and Norton Internet Security, cannot be uninstalled without risking damage to the computer — PCs would wind up crashed, bricked or with corrupted files on the hard drive (including Windows Registry). Symantec had to create a special program for the sole purpose of safely and cleanly uninstalling Norton products, dubbed the Norton Removal Tool.
◦ It is not unheard of for Norton Antivirus to declare itself a virus, and attempt to delete itself.
◦ Norton 360 in particular...
◾ ...will block and delete any less-than-common executable run by the user. This includes coding written by the user themselves.
◾ ...deletes DLL files at random. The screen does not let you override this. The "Learn More" button directs to a Japanese version of the Norton product page.
◾ ...disables (as of October 2012) ALL network access, including offline, even when the firewall is listed as disabled in the options. The only way to address this is by removing Norton, and this must be done with the Norton Removal Tool in order to reverse the damage done to networking components.
◾ ...its firewall disables Firefox. For no reasons at all.
◾ ...increases the time needed to boot Windows by more than 500%.

◦ Norton has also fallen prey to a host of other problems, such as a rather frivolous firewall and bad updates that at best gave BSODs when simply inserting an USB key and at worst forced users to perform a system restore.
◦ Norton Antivirus's uninstaller also often accidentally deletes DLL files that are used by other software and drivers. One particular uninstall instance caused a system to BSOD and lose the ability to play sound upon reboot because said DLL was also being used by the Creative SoundBlaster Live! Drivers. One had to reinstall said drivers to fix the issue and restore the ability to play sound to the computer.
Basically, yeah, it's bad.

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
You do realise your not supposed to have more than one antivirus active at once, right? They get into a feedback loop of identifying each others scans as new viruses, which triggers it again, and again, and again...
To quote the TV tropes page I linked above again:
I am VERY familiar with the issue, as I am an independent computer tech, and have had this type of issue with several of my customers over many years, which is why I do not even suggest using any product that can conflict with any other product, eg an antimalware that has an anitvirus (as a secondary function) with an antivirus, or any more than ONE defence utulity that has a 'real time monitor' that does a similar task, and it is a case of the scan scanning a file, and being scanned by another scanner while scanning a file.
and I have seen computers of the i5/i7 desktop league performing like a 286 (and this is with current windows ie abismally)
And to quote it again, about Norton:

Basically, yeah, it's bad.
and I do NOT ever suggest ANY product by SILLY MEN TECH as they are too silly to be men