What is the Point of all of the different refineries? they make no difference in speed

Which Changes do you support

• GSO

• GeoCorp

• Venture

• Hawkeye

• Better Future

Results are only viewable after voting.

Epb7304

Exploring Better Future
Nov 24, 2017
For the video click Here

as you can see from the video the cannons fire at exactly the same time meaning that the most compact for their size is GSO, Venture, and Better Future...
In fact, let's go over each refineries abilities.

GSO
- Requires Raw Resource
- Is Compact

GeoCorp
- Requires Raw Resource
- Is Oversized

Venture
- Mobile
- Is Compact

Hawkeye
- Is Oversized

Better Future
- Is Compact

as you can see There is no reason to ever use GeoCorp and Hawkeye's, Better Future comes too late, and since GSO Requires Raw Resource to make it, the best refinery currently is Venture for no other reason than it is mobile and is small and requires no raw resources. However, I feel like this should change.

GSO
is fine because it is the first one that you use therefore it should use raw resource.

GeoCorp
Should go faster Seeing as it is oversized and looks industrial.

Venture
Probably should be slightly bigger to outweigh it being mobile.

Hawkeye
if it is not more armored... than it should be.

Better Future
Is fine as it is, it is small and uses refined resource.

Reactions: AstraTheDragon

burger1113

Jan 3, 2015
Yeah i guess it's purely cosmetic now. I think geocorp should definitely be at least 2 times faster or something. On the topic of unrefined chunks being a nuisance in the late game, I think the solution is : having fabricators and component factories use the refined varients in the absence of unrefined ones. We all pretty much implement an automatic refining feature in our bases, so it should be the best hassle free way to tackle that.

Reactions: Rafs

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
Sep 9, 2017
Tír na nÓg
I feel that if GeoCorp has a faster refinery, such as in the region of twice as fast, it should probably be almost twice as big, making it too large to be useful on a semi-mobile tech but more efficient than small refinery spam for large industrial bases.

Epb7304

Exploring Better Future
Nov 24, 2017
For Hawkeye, maybe it should have a 2% chance to give double chunks.
I feel like that might break a few things, however because Hawkeye is a combat-focused corp the refinery should probably be armored if it is not yet

Nerf Craft

Sep 6, 2018
I feel like that might break a few things, however because Hawkeye is a combat-focused corp the refinery should probably be armored if it is not yet
Armored just means higher health allowing it to take more damage before breaking. I was just thinking of something special as opposed to higher stats.

Reactions: Rafs

Rafs

Director-General of GreenTech
Apr 4, 2019
Fancy Armored refinery = nope still gonna use gso

Obviously it needs a crafting related gimmick. Primarily I'd simple scale refineries speed boost in refining according to their sizes, since size matters when making a base and fitting things in place.

Since GSO base is 2x2 square, is gets default speed.
Hawkeye is 3x2 if I'm right, so it gets 1.25 refining speed.
Geocorp, which is 4x2, gets 1.5 refining speed.

Better Future as of now can fully rotate in any axis, different than other refineries which are locked in upright position. I think this alone makes it special for compact builders, alongside its nice appearance.
Venture being the only mobile refinery fills that mobile niche, and that makes it unique enough.

Alternatively for Geocorp, if 1.5 speed seems too much or unoriginal, it could have instead the ability of holding and refining 4 resources at a time (whenever they come in a conveyor next to each other), at a slower speed (like 0.75 GSO speed).
That would make it relatively fast at large quantities of resources, but slower at small quantities (as it would be working underloaded and effectively slower).

So that GSO would be the basic, Hawkeye would be the slightly faster, Geocorp the heavy worker, Venture the mobile, and Better Future the versatile.

Last edited: