What is the EXP Osprey Prop 222

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
Dec 26, 2015
Linköping, Sweden
So I was looking at the blocks wiki page the other day and in the upcoming blocks part I found this weird block called and thought, what is that? Judging by the name it is a big "Osprey propeller".
For the people who don't know what an Osprey is: The V-22 Osprey is a tilt-rotor vtol aircraft used by the US Navy. Looks like this \/\/\/
IMG_1016.PNG
I assume this is an upcoming helicopter style propeller for making helicopters, huge prop-planes and hovercrafts(?). Do you know anything about this @Anton and @Jamie ?

hahadead7777

Aug 1, 2015
I want to say yes and I want to say no and I have searched what I have been able to access currently but idk as to what extent me confirming or denying such could cause to me. From the Forum FAQ and Rules "But only members of Payload Studios have the ability to confirm upcoming features within the game."Until that I know more about if that can cause negative consequences for me all i can say is this. The picture you linked looks cool and I don't remember how but helicopter blades were brought up jokingly in todays stream so as far as I'm going to say from those 2 that it's a maybe but not confirmed that I'm aware. Since even I could have made that and put it on the wiki without being a mod on there.

streak1

Aug 30, 2015
steamcommunity.com
From what I understand, all those upcoming blocks were put in the game by canaries, who had a list of all of the block IDs in some older canary builds. These include a lot of placeholders, for blocks with concepts and sometimes models, but no functionality right now.

So, any thing that you see in that list is something that may or may not be added to the game at some point. Right now, they simply have places for them if they were to be added at some point.

In this case, the osprey rotor is a block that would start out as a helicopter rotor, but would then turn down to face forward when in the air. Would be useful for VTOLs.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
Do you know anything about this @Anton and @Jamie ?
If I didn't - I wouldn't be very good at my job now would I? ;)

It is indeed an Osprey Propeller like the one you describe. It's been floating around for a long long time but we've not been able to get it to a state where it's ready to be implemented. There's no control scheme that can achieve what we want from it in the game yet - but one day there will be!

Olli_DXD

Räksmörgås
Dec 26, 2015
Linköping, Sweden
If I didn't - I wouldn't be very good at my job now would I? ;)

It is indeed an Osprey Propeller like the one you describe. It's been floating around for a long long time but we've not been able to get it to a state where it's ready to be implemented. There's no control scheme that can achieve what we want from it in the game yet - but one day there will be!
Ohhh.