What do you like doing in the game?

In a nutshell, what stuff do you do a lot of?

• Playing the campaign

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • Playing creative mode

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • The Gauntlet

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Sumo mode

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fighting in multiplayer death-match

• Multiplayer creative mode

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Single-player creative mode

• Total voters

Aardvark123

Website
aardvark1998.deviantart.com
I'd like us all to share what we find most fun about TerraTech and what we most enjoy doing, because it would be unlikely for people who don't enjoy TerraTech to frequent its dedicated forum.

Personally, I find it satisfying to amass a huge collection of blocks in the campaign by SCU-ing up every enemy I find and turning thousands of resource chunks into blocks. I like trying out different kinds of tech in the missions and taking on powerful enemies, which doesn't always work well, but I generally have a strong tech on hand to protect the experimental ones. I dabble in multiplayer and the Gauntlet, but they're not my favourite parts of the game.

Last edited:

Nooboid

Not A Noob
Me, I like to just play the campaign as efficiently as possible and not care what my stuff looks like. Also, fluffing around in rnd.

Falchoin

I spend most of my time in R&D, Creative (single player), and Campaign. Generally I design something in R&D, playtest it in Creative, and if I like it bring it into Campaign. I want to do multiplayer stuff but I'm not a PvP person and the current co-op does not allow for blocks I use in nearly all my favorite techs (e.g. linear motion engines, fuel gauge, hover power controller).

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
I just like to build mainly and I am willing to build anywhere in this game. I really like the challenge of trying to build the various ideas that come to mind.
Most of my time has been spent in the R&D and campaign, but I can see coop creative getting more of my attention once all the blocks are usable in it.
It's been a while since I played sumo or gauntlet, but they are never forgotten.
At present mp deathmatch is my favorite mp mode. Battle against others and build against the clock, what a challenge!
Well that about what I get up to in TT :).
Have a good one [8D)

Darkstar076

Needz Moar Dakka!
For me its the campaign mode and the "level up" journey. To keep the enjoyment/challenge factor sometimes I play with restrictions (such as Geo Corp blocks only or No purchasing from terminals)

Zorgomol

Not a Number
Campaign Scenario: Berserk Tech Virus Outbreak
  • Destroy all techs that attack you, they have berserk virus infection. Ignore those that don't.
  • All loot from berserk techs is contaminated and must be scrapped, as soon as you get access to the scrappers at least.
  • Reward boxes and captured bases are considered clean, but when in doubt, scrap it. (E.g. if you can't tell from sure if it was reward block or a loot block)
  • Be as self-sufficient as possible:
    • Craft all blocks you need from scrapped/mined/harvested resources.
    • Only buy resource blocks from terminals, and even then if you really need to (looking grumpily at BF recipes that need outrageous amounts of wood)
    • Sell only excess, so no erudite mining for money.
  • Ultimate goal: have at least 100 of each craftable block.
Besides this, I design my techs in R&D and/or creative, function over form generally.

Seth_Seth

Confused Leader of the Golden Armada
Website
sites.google.com
Campaign Scenario: Berserk Tech Virus Outbreak
  • Destroy all techs that attack you, they have berserk virus infection. Ignore those that don't.
  • All loot from berserk techs is contaminated and must be scrapped, as soon as you get access to the scrappers at least.
  • Reward boxes and captured bases are considered clean, but when in doubt, scrap it. (E.g. if you can't tell from sure if it was reward block or a loot block)
  • Be as self-sufficient as possible:
    • Craft all blocks you need from scrapped/mined/harvested resources.
    • Only buy resource blocks from terminals, and even then if you really need to (looking grumpily at BF recipes that need outrageous amounts of wood)
    • Sell only excess, so no erudite mining for money.
  • Ultimate goal: have at least 100 of each craftable block.
Besides this, I design my techs in R&D and/or creative, function over form generally.
Oooo!
That actually sounds like a noice scenario, Say, is there a thread for this kind of stuff?

stickman_king_28

insert joke here
Idea: No building new techs, only modifying them, Start with some grade 2-3 techs for each corp. you *can* make anchored bases, but no turrets. The concept is emotional connection and actual effort into making the best heckin war machine ever. (hey, sounds like an adventuring party!)