Well this game is dying hard.

ANIMAL MOTHER

I came back from month of playing only to find out the game went backwards. Whats with the bright HUGE UI? Why are the same 3 year old bugs still in? Why is missions still the same after years? and looking on the steam forums the devs are just like automated robots with bland uninformative tatter. I think this studio need a rethink and rehire and fire some of the people coz this game is flopping. I can think of 2 people that need fired.

MrTwister

The issue of 3-year old bugs is legit, I can think of a few too. The big UI is to conform to consoles.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sorry to hear you're unhappy coming back to TT.
Whats with the bright HUGE UI?
There are ongoing discussions happening with the UI changes which you can view here.
Why are the same 3 year old bugs still in?
There are a load of bugs that have been hanging around that long. We often triage our bug backlog and decide what is worth spending our time on fixing. Most of the time - we deem them to not be causing too much trouble and opt into putting time towards other areas of the game.
Why is missions still the same after years?
Have you missed this update? We've put a lot of work into new mission making tools that let us create a bunch of cool stuff. You can expect a lot more in the next few updates too :)

Zorgomol

Not a Number
Most of the time - we deem them to not be causing too much trouble and opt into putting time towards other areas of the game.
Translation:
The programmer who wrote the buggy part of the game has left long time ago and nobody who's still around has any clue about how it works, much less about how it could be fixed, and figuring out would just take way too long and it wouldn't be any fun either.

All the reasons why I stopped playing are still there, and very little of the new stuff interests me beyond mild initial curiosity.

HeX

TerraTech Modder Manager
Translation:
The programmer who wrote the buggy part of the game has left long time ago and nobody who's still around has any clue about how it works, much less about how it could be fixed, and figuring out would just take way too long and it wouldn't be any fun either.
Except that those bugs are mainly crafting and only happen when you clog up the conveyors. Fixing it requires the crafting system to be redone from the ground up.

burger1113

I can agree with SOME of the things you said, but same story? There have been tons of stuff added in the past year or two, as well as extra replayability from multiplayer modes and etc. Are you saying that games should revamp their main storyline every few years...?

Zonko

There's nm discussion on the new UI update. There are complaints, and then there are the devs saying 'suck it. We ain't changing it.'
That's not a discussion

Zorgomol

Not a Number
Except that those bugs are mainly crafting and only happen when you clog up the conveyors. Fixing it requires the crafting system to be redone from the ground up.
Actually most of the crafting bugs have fairly small test cases and have nothing to do with 'clogging up conveoyrs'.

The latter part is programmerese for 'this code is a huge mess and I can't understand how it works or why it works'. Also that's how Netscape committed unintentional suicide.

And I think they largely went for the multiplayer route because they figured it would be easier than making an AI that could be called an AI. I might be wrong about that. There could be other reasons too.

Comrade Commie

Multiplayer is because the community has been requesting it for ages. People want to play with other people or friends. Having to redo something isn't necessarily because you can't understand it, it could be too bogged down and rewriting it would make performance better or make the code easier to understand, debug, etc. If it's too hard to understand for the coders who can do quite a bit with this game, it's likely spaghetti code.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Translation:
lolz that's not quite how it works i'm afraid.

There's nm discussion on the new UI update. There are complaints, and then there are the devs saying 'suck it. We ain't changing it.'
That's not a discussion
We're still accepting feedback on the UI (as well as everything else). We read everything that gets posted here.

And I think they largely went for the multiplayer route because they figured it would be easier than making an AI that could be called an AI. I might be wrong about that. There could be other reasons too.
We implemented Multiplayer because it was the most requested for feature by the community.

Zorgomol

Not a Number
<collective facetiousness detection failure observed>

The bleaker explanation is that decision makers at Payload don't care much at all about crafting or AI so those are not going to be improved any time in the foreseeable future. Oh well.

Have fun, folks.

Zonko

lolz that's not quite how it works i'm afraid.

We're still accepting feedback on the UI (as well as everything else). We read everything that gets posted here.

We implemented Multiplayer because it was the most requested for feature by the community.
'Accepting feedback' and 'discussion' are two different things.
Walls 'accept feedback' too.