Welcome TT Translators

wotikins

i can translate spanish but when it comes to giving the current items like 'krusher wheel' a name i suck cause the literal translation to it would be too dull

Chrii_the_Vieh

I think this is the real challenge in translation.
... but when it comes to giving the current items like 'krusher wheel' a name ... cause the literal translation to it would be too dull
It's the same in each language, for example:
High-roller Wheel
I am aware, that High-roller includes high rolls as well as the synonym for someone who gambles with high stakes.
There is no equivalent for this word in german.
So I think this is the point for the decision between translating literally (Hochrollen Rad = wheel with high rolls) or find a more creative way for an expression (Draufgänger Rad = daredevil/go-getter wheel; but Draufgänger also means to walk on something).

Maybe we should forward the question to the devs: What are we supposed to do in such a case as a translator?

Sai Wun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
The block names where there's a made up name like "Krusher Wheel" or "High Roller Wheel", we're happy for the made up part of the name to be translated phonetically or you could just make something up - as long as it isn't offensive :)

Digiton

How can you sign up for the translation? I am a native speaker of Dutch (which is often mistaken for German), and have a pretty big vocabulary in English as well.
Anyone got a link or something?

Cusuno

How can you sign up for the translation? I am a native speaker of Dutch (which is often mistaken for German), and have a pretty big vocabulary in English as well.
Anyone got a link or something?
@saiwun So yeah i can help with spanish translation... What do?
Would be great. By taking a look in the translation graph, Dutch seems to be falling behind. Same goes to Portuguese, Polish and Spanish. So adding more people translating these languages would help a lot.

Sai Wun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
So new TT Translator recruits are:
  • Terra-Techy: Dutch
  • Wotikins: Spanish
  • Digiton: Dutch
Will email you all soon.

wotikins

i noticed im gonna have to fix some translations in spanish.. they seem taken out of google translator lol

Sai Wun

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hold on; how would you know my email? Or is it just in my personal page or something? Not that it matters, just interested.
I have admin access to our forum registrations which list people's forum names and the email used to register.