Weightynecessity

Azuratte

Feb 11, 2015
Hello,

New to the game, saw it on steam, ignored it, ignored it more, then laughed at it. Now I'm playing it a bit to much. Most things seem to be getting addressed but I thought I'd chime in.

The big thing that made me all sad and pouty was when I threw on my first big yellow/black tire set. The massive hulk that was struggling was now a 600 tonne race car that can do backflips; although entertaining as could be for the first bit it became lame. I was really imagining making a massive heavy feeling lumbering behemoth of a vehicle that could traverse everything crushing trees, sploding small enemies beneath its tires and traversing any terrain it saw with ease at a steady pace. Enough blocks made it slow again, but it just felt underpowered and not heavy. Maybe just toning down the acceleration would help.

That being mentioned, with the camera the way it is, the whole game could be meaning to have a toy like feel (which is awesome) and the race-car-everything works.... *shrug*

Az

P.S. That reminds me, squishing people should be a thing.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
I was really imagining making a massive heavy feeling lumbering behemoth of a vehicle that could traverse everything crushing trees, sploding small enemies beneath its tires and traversing any terrain it saw with ease at a steady pace. Enough blocks made it slow again, but it just felt underpowered and not heavy. Maybe just toning down the acceleration would help..
there is some balancing that needs to be done for sure - currently the big GeoCorp wheels can sometimes be the best wheels to race with haha. Which is less than ideal!

I'll pass on your balance suggestions (and the squishy one) to the team. Thanks a lot for the feedback!

cupid_the_conqueror

Sep 20, 2014
hmmm , I have mixxed feelings on this. adding proper weight would make the games physics more accurate , but at the same time, it would also hamper the arcade feel.... would be interesting to play with changing the weight of parts

Knyghtefall

Jan 5, 2015
Was only a few revs ago that I could smash through trees and ruby deposits. Would certainly love to be able to do that again.

Perhaps would require the cow catcher/ram prow, drill or bucket loader blocks to not take damage?

Reactions: Tinywar