weight balance

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
shields, regen bubbles and batteries are all of similar weights (heavy).
but not the same weight.

which makes balancing quads an copters really hard.

i suggest making them all the same weight.

Reactions: zanzistar

reaperx1

Crazed Builder
Feb 25, 2015
I always kind of figured that the regen bubble should be the heaviest just because it has to fix the blocks so it would need supplies available at all times.

The shields and batteries are just using electricity so they could believably be the same weight and also lighter then the regen.

Just a thought

Take er easy

Reactions: zanzistar

zanzistar

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Aug 13, 2014
London
A CoM indicator sounds like a really good extra block. It would have to be relatively weightless, so that when you attach it it won't skew the results. But it sounds like a useful tool to have.

Reactions: Coder

zanzistar

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Aug 13, 2014
London
Also, fair comment about the bubbles, I'll make them a unified mass. Batteries need to be heavier though, as they need to have enough negatives against them to make people consider the pros and cons of just using them as a replacement for blocks.

Reactions: Coder and reaperx1

Enigmatica

Jul 6, 2015
Also, fair comment about the bubbles, I'll make them a unified mass. Batteries need to be heavier though, as they need to have enough negatives against them to make people consider the pros and cons of just using them as a replacement for blocks.
Tell that to my GeoCorp tech with, like, 20 batteries on it.

Reactions: Coder and zanzistar

zanzistar

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Aug 13, 2014
London
Ok, I just checked the weights of Bubbles, both the shield and the repair were set to a mass of 3 each, so they were fine (which might have been what you were saying). so to bring them in line with batteries, which were set to a mass of 2, I've upped battery mass to 3 too and the EXP batterie goes up from mass 16 to 24.

See how your GeoCorp Tech with 20 batteries handles that.

LMK what you think of the change in the next update on this thread.

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
Ok, I just checked the weights of Bubbles, both the shield and the repair were set to a mass of 3 each, so they were fine (which might have been what you were saying). so to bring them in line with batteries, which were set to a mass of 2, I've upped battery mass to 3 too and the EXP batterie goes up from mass 16 to 24.

See how your GeoCorp Tech with 20 batteries handles that.

LMK what you think of the change in the next update on this thread.
AAAAAH!

I want that so badly!

Can you post a list of those values some place?

Even if it changes from time to time, it still gives us a frame of reference to work with.

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease?

Even if you just cut an paste a raw database page and say 'column F is the weigh,t' i'll sort it out and post it for you.

Oh, and thanks for the weight change thing :)

GameSpender

Dec 21, 2014
I've upped battery mass to 3 too and the EXP batterie goes up from mass 16 to 24.
What wha-???? one battery = 3 exp battery 2x2x2 blocks more = 8 8x3=24.... But doesn't the exp batt have more power (IT'S (maybe) OVER 9000) than 8 small ones?? Why is it same weight then??? '.'

Coder

Jun 30, 2015
What wha-???? one battery = 3 exp battery 2x2x2 blocks more = 8 8x3=24.... But doesn't the exp batt have more power (IT'S (maybe) OVER 9000) than 8 small ones?? Why is it same weight then??? '.'
I did some testing recently. The EXP battery stores just a bit more than 8 GSO ones. So it's just a bit more space and weight efficient.

GameSpender

Dec 21, 2014
I did some testing recently. The EXP battery stores just a bit more than 8 GSO ones. So it's just a bit more space and weight efficient.
Still think that They shoud make them heavier for exchange of power.

btw not sure if exp corp is like exp gso or something?

GameSpender

Dec 21, 2014
Do you mean capacity? i.e. more weight but also more energy can be stored? In my head the word "power" is associated with it's meaning in physics (energy per time).
capacity. electric power; charge. that's what I meant

Azirahael

Jan 8, 2015
All ready told u. "make em heavier in exchange for power"
It's called 'economy of scale'

Big things often have more 'stuff ' because they have less 'packaging' in comparison to the working bits.

The trade off, is that huge things are sometimes not that... handy.

EG: it's entirely possible to put a EXP battery on a flier, but it isn't convenient.

If the big battery had the exact same capacity as the same volume of regular batteries or less, it wouldn't really be worth using it. other than aesthetics.

GameSpender

Dec 21, 2014
If the big battery had the exact same capacity as the same volume of regular batteries or less, it wouldn't really be worth using it. other than aesthetics.
That why I recommended weight for energy thing. I know that if placing 8 small batteries would have more capacity than 1 big there wouldn't be use for exp battery.

Coder

Jun 30, 2015
It's called 'economy of scale'

Big things often have more 'stuff ' because they have less 'packaging' in comparison to the working bits.

The trade off, is that huge things are sometimes not that... handy.

EG: it's entirely possible to put a EXP battery on a flier, but it isn't convenient.

@GameSpender is trying to say: increase both the capacity and the weight.