WeatherMod (Rain and stuff)

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
SV 'Daegon's Wrath', Aquia Harbour Virginia
Website
th3kaijuwars.freeforums.net
right... then why does hawkeye sink. even if you have a good hull design.

My issue was not floating heavy blocks, it was that the consistancy between Geocorp and GSO kind of reverses between water and air. Like i said, i misjudged the material construction of Geo blocks. considring their fibron content, it makes sense that they are heavier, but more boyant.

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Right now, there is only rain. But the rain is ok. I have to fix it later, and add more to it. Like fog, thunder, better rain drop hits and stuff. [edit: that never happened] But it is alright right now. This can also interact with the WaterMod, rising the water level based on rain intensity.

You can get that mod on TTMM2

If you need help, you can ask me here or on the TerraTech Discord.

If you have any ideas, tips, recommendations or nice photos, please share them!
i'll see into talking with you about ttmm, but first im going to factory reset my pc for being laggy AF

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
i'll see into talking with you about ttmm, but first im going to factory reset my pc for being laggy AF
i didnt know if there would be a more appropriate thread to talk about this, as i dont want to clutter the ttmm2 thread. what's your discord username so i can find you?

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
SV 'Daegon's Wrath', Aquia Harbour Virginia
Website
th3kaijuwars.freeforums.net
so one thing iv noticed after playing modded for about a week. Now im using a bunch of mods, so i know im asking for it, but i have noticed the game gets a bit more crashy when i have both water and rain on, but turned all the way down. the crash usually occurs when i trigger piston groups. now i know it can crash from too much piston activity, but its doing it a LOT more often with the water mods on, but turned down. Again im not sure which mod is causing the bug, but its certainly a lot worse with weather on. Also in R&D, when you turn the water on and put the water level right below the ground, the horizon will rapidly glitch between water surface and ground surface. it doesnt affect the graphics near you, just out where the draw distance rendering things. Also, Rain doesnt increase the water level in R&D. Oh, All of these problems seem isolated to R&D, as im not experiancing any of them in Creative mode. (Except for excessive piston use crashes, but thats not a mystery.) Havnt really tried the Campaign yet, as iv been too tied up with expirimenting with Pistons to worry about questing...

AstraTheDragon

A dapper dragon
Website
1drv.ms
so one thing iv noticed after playing modded for about a week. Now im using a bunch of mods, so i know im asking for it, but i have noticed the game gets a bit more crashy when i have both water and rain on, but turned all the way down. the crash usually occurs when i trigger piston groups. now i know it can crash from too much piston activity, but its doing it a LOT more often with the water mods on, but turned down. Again im not sure which mod is causing the bug, but its certainly a lot worse with weather on. Also in R&D, when you turn the water on and put the water level right below the ground, the horizon will rapidly glitch between water surface and ground surface. it doesnt affect the graphics near you, just out where the draw distance rendering things. Also, Rain doesnt increase the water level in R&D. Oh, All of these problems seem isolated to R&D, as im not experiancing any of them in Creative mode. (Except for excessive piston use crashes, but thats not a mystery.) Havnt really tried the Campaign yet, as iv been too tied up with expirimenting with Pistons to worry about questing...
RnD is a bit problematic in general with performance due to the insane amount of furniture scenery there is in such a small space in the heart of it. Heck I get stutters even without mods enabled. All the extra calculations with water and the dispensers in particular can really make some reasonably-priced systems chug. You're right in noticing it performs better in Creative and also Campaign. Usually when I want to experiment in RnD with mods I travel far away from the heart. Not exactly a fix, but then WhitePaw did just push a WaterMod optimisation patch, so I don't know if there's anything else that could be done other than that.