Weapons vs Shield changes

I've read a few forums about damage vs shield with no definite answer on HOW damage interacts with it i.e. Damage of weapon drains x amount of energy from battery (more damage, more energy lost per hit), although this seems to be the most likely interaction. I feel there should be a change that a shield has a flat amount of energy taken per shot, but still negates, providing more viability for high fire rate/ lower damage weapons making building less about big guns but a little more thought into your weapon compliment, even if splash damage from explosives, and perhaps even put some more balance into damage types, lasers=bonus damage to shields, rapid fire weapons=drain them faster/just less damage overall, explosive splash=shield pierce but modest damage to armor/part underneath with above average damage for direct hits, solid-shot/non-explosive=bonus damage to armor/parts. Still make the higher tier weapons powerful. but not make a handful the go to for every build, every time. I think it would help balance out the combat a bit more and help expand the variety of techs, coerce builders to create more specialized builds.

burger1113

Yes. Shields not being able to block splash damage is neither balanced nor rational. It has been discussed in the forum before btw.
Explosives also seem to take too much of the battery power away it seems, making them even more OP especially if the blast gets through and the victim has to use extra energy to repair.
I'm no scientist, but you would think that if a barrier can stop a bullet which delivers all its energy at a single point, it would be able to block an explosion..?