Weapons N' More mod

Thundercraft

Reliable Scrapper
Q: Does this mod also require the Nuterra Revived Block Injector Mod to be installed and/or activated?

I ask because most part mods require this mod to function. However, I did not find a mention of "prerequisites" or anything about "Nuterra" or "Injector Mod" in this topic, let alone in your OP.

For that matter, is it safe to assume that this mod is like most mods in that it is updated and made to work for the Unstable branch? Again, I did not see this mentioned anywhere...

Mindlessmrawesome

Q: Does this mod also require the Nuterra Revived Block Injector Mod to be installed and/or activated?

I ask because most part mods require this mod to function. However, I did not find a mention of "prerequisites" or anything about "Nuterra" or "Injector Mod" in this topic, let alone in your OP.

For that matter, is it safe to assume that this mod is like most mods in that it is updated and made to work for the Unstable branch? Again, I did not see this mentioned anywhere...
yes to both
reason I haven't mentioned it is because here's a way somehow to add dependency mods that activate when a mod that requires them is turned on. I figured since I'd eventually add this automatic function I shouldn't really need to mention it but since I haven't yet yeah that's a good idea.

Lost Ninja

nanobot swarms sound out of modding range.
Might still be too difficult/impossible but could you use the Gravity Gun Projectile with a recolour, then as it passes through a target rather than negating block mass it does a set amount of damage, once it lands it sets up a zone of damage. Too edged sword because the nanobots would hurt you too... you could even do a repair field in the same way... might be interesting.

If you could change the current projectile/field so that instead of rocks/dirt in the field you had lots of sparkles (how do you visually represent something that cannot be seen by the naked eye?).

Also is it possible to uncouple the tracking computer from lasers or does it just work with all weapons?

Mindlessmrawesome

Might still be too difficult/impossible but could you use the Gravity Gun Projectile with a recolour, then as it passes through a target rather than negating block mass it does a set amount of damage, once it lands it sets up a zone of damage. Too edged sword because the nanobots would hurt you too... you could even do a repair field in the same way... might be interesting.

If you could change the current projectile/field so that instead of rocks/dirt in the field you had lots of sparkles (how do you visually represent something that cannot be seen by the naked eye?).

Also is it possible to uncouple the tracking computer from lasers or does it just work with all weapons?
T'is possible.
But is the work worth the payoff?
Next thing I'm gonna work on for weapons n' more are a bunch of guns tho, which I need to know how to model to do, which means I must operate blender. So maybe. This is a big ol' weapons mod meant to just have a bunch of combat utilities. And more.

@Mindl3ss can you help me with blender again this weekend? I'll be available sunday and I must know how to bledner

Thundercraft

Reliable Scrapper
Next thing I'm gonna work on for weapons n' more are a bunch of guns tho, which I need to know how to model to do, which means I must operate blender. So maybe. This is a big ol' weapons mod meant to just have a bunch of combat utilities. And more.
This will just be a mod of weapons and combat utilities... Exclusively?

What about your talk earlier of a controller to set our Tech's rotor power, along with auto-control for Tech altitude?

What I was actually thinking about for the controller is having a thing you attach to your tech that makes a GUI that you can use to set your rotor power at, along with autocontrol height. I have a concept art that I showed to the devs that they ignored...

I had a thread about it somewhere in the suggestions thing, idk where it went so I'm not gonna bother digging it up but basically the one on the left shows a slider that you can drag up and down to control your vertical thrust vector, and the one on the right shows that when you click the Auto checkbox the game will get your current height and auto adjust your lift to get to that height (which is why the slider is greyed out in the second image; you can't control it because the block is controlling it)
Perhaps I misunderstood. But it sure sounded like this, your own idea you suggested to devs, was something that you were going to implement. And I was hoping that this was what you would be working on next.

Next thing I'm gonna work on for weapons n' more are a bunch of guns tho, which I need to know how to model to do, which means I must operate blender.
If you need 3D models for weapons to add to the game, have you considered looking for pre-made 3D models that might fit the bill that have been released with a license that allows free use? What about something like this:

https://sharecg.com/v/66348/browse/5/3D-Model/Bulletstorm-gun
ShareCG.com > Bulletstorm gun

For "Usage Rights" it says: "Commercial & Personal Use"
Further digging shows, "Use subject to applicable licensing agreement."
The image mentions "Solcommand.com." Going to their website and clicking on Terms of Use reveals a lot. Basically, we're free to use or even modify their models as long as they are quote, "mentioned in your project's credits, using the name 'SolCommand' and a link to the site solcommand.com."

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
T'is possible.
But is the work worth the payoff?

@Mindl3ss can you help me with blender again this weekend? I'll be available sunday and I must know how to bledner
Yes. find me in the usual places.

Mindlessmrawesome

This will just be a mod of weapons and combat utilities... Exclusively?

What about your talk earlier of a controller to set our Tech's rotor power, along with auto-control for Tech altitude?

Perhaps I misunderstood. But it sure sounded like this, your own idea you suggested to devs, was something that you were going to implement. And I was hoping that this was what you would be working on next.

If you need 3D models for weapons to add to the game, have you considered looking for pre-made 3D models that might fit the bill that have been released with a license that allows free use? What about something like this:

https://sharecg.com/v/66348/browse/5/3D-Model/Bulletstorm-gun
ShareCG.com > Bulletstorm gun

For "Usage Rights" it says: "Commercial & Personal Use"
Further digging shows, "Use subject to applicable licensing agreement."
The image mentions "Solcommand.com." Going to their website and clicking on Terms of Use reveals a lot. Basically, we're free to use or even modify their models as long as they are quote, "mentioned in your project's credits, using the name 'SolCommand' and a link to the site solcommand.com."
It's weapons/combat utilities... and MORE. So yeah I will eventually try to make the altitude controller, but I wanna make weapons rn