Weapons N' More mod

Mindlessmrawesome

This mod currently adds only 1 thing, but after I am done with it I will move on to add many more things.

This mod adds a block called the Hawkeye Combat Computer. It makes your guns lead their target. It works pretty well for normal bullet guns but for whatever reason it doesn't like lasers so I'm trying to figure that part out.
Combat Computer block:

One thing that I have always disliked about terratech is that there is only so much you can do with the internals of your craft. Having volume over surface area has always been a large disadvantage because all you can put in there are explosive batteries and such. So I want to get around to fixing that.

In future updates I will add many more combat blocks to the game. One idea I had and am going to pursue is a series of blocks meant for improving weapons. You place a weapon on a weapon mount, you attach many upgrade modules to the weapon mount, and the weapon on the weapon mount gets improved. Upgrade modules would include fire rate increasers, bullet speed increasers, percision increasers, bullet damage increasers, and weapon health increasers. This will make techs have less weapons slapped all over them and instead only have a few very powerful weapons. It will also make it possible to have tanks with super turrets or large fighter planes with a single crossfire rifle that is superpowered by an internal set of weapon upgraders. I already have an idea for how to get the code for all of this working.

Another feature I plan to add to this mod is physical fuel. This means that tanks will no longer have unlimited fuel, you will have to fill them up with fuel chunks that can be made in a fuel refinery from oleite capsules. If you're worried about fuel running out super fast now that your fuel is limited, don't worry- I will add a static multiplier to all fuel tanks in the game to make them carry 10 times more fuel (just that they won't refill automatically). 1 fuel capsule, made from 1 oleite, will be able to fill 25% of a popper fuel tank (with the 10x multiplier). Your fighter jets will be able to run completely off of their jets now, they'll just occasionally have to refuel.

And for those of you who are sick of whitepaw's rotors not being able to turn large objects, or maybe you want to supercharge some wheels or a jet engine, I have one last feature planned in this mod for that. I am going to add a modular engine system to Weapons N' More that will be able to add more torque, speed, power, or carrying capacity to the following items: wheels, treads, propellors, jets, hovers, steering hovers, whitepaw's pistons, and whitepaw's rotors. The engine will have several components to it that modify what it can do. All you have to do is attach whatever component you want to supercharge to a crank shaft that connects all the engine components together (or maybe some other mounting point that I come up with) and then it will receive the upgrade.

If you attach multiple weapon mounts to a weapon system, each weapon on each weapon mount will receive an equal portion of that weapon upgrade system. Same with engines.

I honestly can't wait to make a TIE fighter using nothing but two GSO lasers and two venture 1-way steering hovers. That will be the dream.

And of course, as the title implies, I will also be looking into making weapons. Since I am a multitech person myself I will most likely be making big battleship cannons and such for large turrets, but I was also thinking about making missile countermeasure systems like flares and chaff. But my knowledge of coding is not currently at that level, so we'll have to see.

Anyways I hope you all will be looking forward to when I get these projects completed. Once I finish off the combat computer I will upload the mod to ttqmm for you all to use.

Last edited:

Seth_Seth

A hecking train wreck
Website
sites.google.com
This mod currently adds only 1 thing, but after I am done with it I will move on to add many more things.

This mod adds a block called the Hawkeye Combat Computer. It makes your guns lead their target. It works pretty well for normal bullet guns but for whatever reason it doesn't like lasers so I'm trying to figure that part out.
Combat Computer block:

One thing that I have always disliked about terratech is that there is only so much you can do with the internals of your craft. Having volume over surface area has always been a large disadvantage because all you can put in there are explosive batteries and such. So I want to get around to fixing that.

In future updates I will add many more combat blocks to the game. One idea I had and am going to pursue is a series of blocks meant for improving weapons. You place a weapon on a weapon mount, you attach many upgrade modules to the weapon mount, and the weapon on the weapon mount gets improved. Upgrade modules would include fire rate increasers, bullet speed increasers, percision increasers, bullet damage increasers, and weapon health increasers. This will make techs have less weapons slapped all over them and instead only have a few very powerful weapons. It will also make it possible to have tanks with super turrets or large fighter planes with a single crossfire rifle that is superpowered by an internal set of weapon upgraders. I already have an idea for how to get the code for all of this working.

Another feature I plan to add to this mod is physical fuel. This means that tanks will no longer have unlimited fuel, you will have to fill them up with fuel chunks that can be made in a fuel refinery from oleite capsules. If you're worried about fuel running out super fast now that your fuel is limited, don't worry- I will add a static multiplier to all fuel tanks in the game to make them carry 10 times more fuel (just that they won't refill automatically). 1 fuel capsule, made from 1 oleite, will be able to fill 25% of a popper fuel tank (with the 10x multiplier). Your fighter jets will be able to run completely off of their jets now, they'll just occasionally have to refuel.

And for those of you who are sick of whitepaw's rotors not being able to turn large objects, or maybe you want to supercharge some wheels or a jet engine, I have one last feature planned in this mod for that. I am going to add a modular engine system to Weapons N' More that will be able to add more torque, speed, power, or carrying capacity to the following items: wheels, treads, propellors, jets, hovers, steering hovers, whitepaw's pistons, and whitepaw's rotors. The engine will have several components to it that modify what it can do. All you have to do is attach whatever component you want to supercharge to a crank shaft that connects all the engine components together (or maybe some other mounting point that I come up with) and then it will receive the upgrade.

If you attach multiple weapon mounts to a weapon system, each weapon on each weapon mount will receive an equal portion of that weapon upgrade system. Same with engines.

I honestly can't wait to make a TIE fighter using nothing but two GSO lasers and two venture 1-way steering hovers. That will be the dream.

And of course, as the title implies, I will also be looking into making weapons. Since I am a multitech person myself I will most likely be making big battleship cannons and such for large turrets, but I was also thinking about making missile countermeasure systems like flares and chaff. But my knowledge of coding is not currently at that level, so we'll have to see.

Anyways I hope you all will be looking forward to when I get these projects completed. Once I finish off the combat computer I will upload the mod to ttqmm for you all to use.
Yes please

Mindl3ss

Mindless Dominion Fleet Admiral
You have the Full support of Mindl3ss Modding. Anything i can do to help, you just let me know.

Mindlessmrawesome

wait WP made rotors? Also do you accept suggestions? are the blocks campaign obtainable?
So my plans were to make the base blocks out of GSO (because they kinda have the basic utilities for pretty much everything in the game, IE crafting, manufacturing, components like the power gauge and such), then make expander blocks that add on to those blocks from other corporations. For example; the engine centerpiece is gonna be GSO, but then the supercharger is gonna be venture because it adds more speed to the engine.
This means that yes, all the blocks will be able to be bought in the campaign. And whitepaw made rotors and pistons and a PID system in the Control Blocks mod.
I guess I am open to suggestions... let's hear what ya got!

burger1113

Wow whaaaaa? could this be?
Very interesting... I think it does fit in very well with hawkeye for sure, man. I think that it would be very cool if this function was integrated into the Hawkeye Radar though? or even the lazer pointer. The latter would make less sense though.
Maybe gso and venture should have their version of a target leading system as well, maybe in a higher tier than what hawkeye one is.
Awesome work nonetheless!

Mindlessmrawesome

Wow whaaaaa? could this be?
Very interesting... I think it does fit in very well with hawkeye for sure, man. I think that it would be very cool if this function was integrated into the Hawkeye Radar though? or even the lazer pointer. The latter would make less sense though.
Maybe gso and venture should have their version of a target leading system as well, maybe in a higher tier than what hawkeye one is.
Awesome work nonetheless!
you expect too much from me lol

The description of the Combat Computer goes as such:
"The programmers at Hawkeye HQ have long been attempting to find a way to improve the accuracy of their weapons. They have finally done it. The Combat Computer can effectively control the weapons on a tech and make them lead their target- resulting in a lot less missed shots."

Mindlessmrawesome

OOH How about nanobot swarms or maybe a rotor controller that keeps ur tech from going up or down?
I could do the controller... nanobot swarms sound out of modding range.

What I was actually thinking about for the controller is having a thing you attach to your tech that makes a GUI that you can use to set your rotor power at, along with autocontrol height. I have a concept art that I showed to the devs that they ignored...

I had a thread about it somewhere in the suggestions thing, idk where it went so I'm not gonna bother digging it up but basically the one on the left shows a slider that you can drag up and down to control your vertical thrust vector, and the one on the right shows that when you click the Auto checkbox the game will get your current height and auto adjust your lift to get to that height (which is why the slider is greyed out in the second image; you can't control it because the block is controlling it)

Last edited:

Sozin

Dog Emperor

What I was actually thinking about for the controller is having a thing you attach to your tech that makes a GUI that you can use to set your rotor power at, along with autocontrol height. I have a concept art that I showed to the devs that they ignored...

I had a thread about it somewhere in the suggestions thing, idk where it went so I'm not gonna bother digging it up but basically the one on the left shows a slider that you can drag up and down to control your vertical thrust vector, and the one on the left shows that when you click the Auto checkbox the game will get your current height and auto adjust your lift to get to that height (which is why the slider is greyed out in the second image; you can't control it because the block is controlling it)
Personally I'd add in a textbox so you can specify lift percentage. My biggest complaint with the current control blocks mod is that precision settings are extremely hard to do unless you turn down your mouse sensitivity all the way cuz sliders only, and no actual text boxes.

Soviet_Samuelson

On the path to becoming a grand-master idiot
Website
forum.terratechgame.com
Personally I'd add in a textbox so you can specify lift percentage. My biggest complaint with the current control blocks mod is that precision settings are extremely hard to do unless you turn down your mouse sensitivity all the way cuz sliders only, and no actual text boxes.
YES @WhitePaw2002 LISTEN TO HIM

Mindlessmrawesome

that is possible. I'll just add it at the bottom of the GUI.

Thundercraft

Reliable Scrapper
First of all: This mod sounds exciting and I look forward to seeing how it develops.

Shucks... I do hope you get the lasers figured out because I'm starting to rely on using lasers for my latest Techs.

I had a thread about it somewhere in the suggestions thing, idk where it went so I'm not gonna bother digging it up but basically the one on the left shows a slider that you can drag up and down to control your vertical thrust vector, and the one on the right shows that when you click the Auto checkbox the game will get your current height and auto adjust your lift to get to that height (which is why the slider is greyed out in the second image; you can't control it because the block is controlling it)
Awesome! :cool: This is the sort of thing I was looking for.
That said... Isn't this very similar to a new Better Future part (forgot it's name) that allows us to set flying height - except it only works for Hovers and not Propellers, Rotors or anything else?

Mindlessmrawesome

First of all: This mod sounds exciting and I look forward to seeing how it develops.

Shucks... I do hope you get the lasers figured out because I'm starting to rely on using lasers for my latest Techs.

Awesome!:cool: This is the sort of thing I was looking for.
That said... Isn't this very similar to a new Better Future part (forgot it's name) that allows us to set flying height - except it only works for Hovers and not Propellers, Rotors or anything else?
oh the hover power controller. Yeah it is similar, but with the key difference being this one has automatic height stabilization. So you get to a certain height and click the auto checkbox and it'll autonomously control your lift to keep at that height.

Mindlessmrawesome

0.1 release:
The first release of Weapons N' More is on the ttqmm. It only adds the combat computer for right now, and the combat computer's functionality is not yet complete (it doesn't work too well on AI techs). But it does work well enough for player usage so I decided to release it.