Weapon Groups

Thundercraft

Reliable Scrapper
Jan 3, 2018
This is great! :cool: Players have been asking for something like this for a long while.

I have a few of suggestions, though:
  1. Please allow us to add melee weapons like the GeoCorp Fixed Diamond Drill and GeoCorp Articulated Diamond Drill. I was able to add Hawkeye Plasma Jaws, which is nice. But the main reason I wanted to be able to assign weapon groups was to be able to activate melee weapons and plasma weapons separately from all other weapons. (It's a hassle to aggro a nearby enemy when all I want to do is mine resources in peace.)
  2. Would you consider adding some button or something that would allow us to add all weapons on the Tech to a weapon group? This would allow us to add all weapons and then selectively remove a few weapons that we don't want to include (because they have a really long cooldown and we want those in a different weapon group). Also, for those who build really BIG Techs with many dozens of weapons, consider how long it would take to add each weapon by clicking [Add Weapon] and clicking on each in turn. That'd take ages!
  3. Maybe consider adding support for mouse buttons in addition to keyboard keys? (I'm using a gaming mouse with 6 buttons...)

Last edited:

Kraith

Dec 30, 2021
Thank you so much! It`s an option I wanted from day one of playing Terratech.

idiotica

Jan 2, 2022
Hello Exund, thanks for the great mod.
Thanks to you, I'm having a lot of fun smashing enemies with the battleship cannons on my chopper.
By the way, I have a report of some strange behavior and one request.

Strange behavior :
A tech with a weapon controller will fire with the assigned key by WC even when i'm not piloting that tech.

Request :
When multiple WCs are attached, the settings of the previously attached WC's setting should be shared.
And if one of the multiple WCs is removed, the remaining WC will retain the shared settings.
Or just make it so that the setting window can't be closed by right-clicking.
(I tend to install the WC in a secluded area to prioritize the silhouette of the tech.

I hope you will consider it. Thank you.

idiotica

Jan 2, 2022
Thanks for the quick reply! I'm glad to hear that Tech's bad sleeping habits seem to be going away. (^皿^)
By the way, regarding my request, I felt that Thundercraft's suggestion 2 was sufficient to solve my problem, so you can choose the way you are comfortable with

Thanks for the enthusiastic modding. I hope this year will be a good one for you, Exund!

ranineitor1

Oct 19, 2015
Hi, I installed the mod yesterday and I cannot find the weapons controller in the game. Is there something that I have to do other than installing the mod through TTMM?

Yotarian

Apr 14, 2022
Hi, I installed the mod yesterday and I cannot find the weapons controller in the game. Is there something that I have to do other than installing the mod through TTMM?
Have you had any luck finding this? I feel like I've looked everywhere.

Yotarian

Apr 14, 2022
To answer the people's plead, I have made a mod that allows you to created the legendary requested Weapon groups
All it takes is to add the Hawkeye Weapons Controller (Available in HE Accessories) to your tech, right click it, and follow the instructions.

Mod available on TTMM
I have to be missing something! I installed the mod in TTMM but cannot find the block anywhere. Can you point me in the right direction?

Mattchu

Mar 25, 2024
I am not seeing Weapon Groups in the TTMM. Was this mod name changed or is it no longer hosted on the mod manager?