[weapon][Geo Corp][mining] make most of the GC weapons able to mine

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by elfdrow, Aug 10, 2018.

?

would you like to mine resources this way?

1. yes

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. elfdrow

elfdrow Well-Known Member

-Suggestion
    Make almost all the GC weapons able to mine ore deposits. and maybe change the ore deposits from flat pieces on the ground to something taller than can be hit with such weapons.

-Reasons
    If we take into account that almost all the weapons of GC are actually mining equipment. isn't it logical that the jack hammers, drills, etc. (except for the saws) to be able to mine directly from ore deposits.

right now we have drills, cutters, excavators, jack hammers and more. and the only thing they are good for is being melee weapons (which hardly anyone use) and mow down trees. maybe one or two rocks. but that's it.

but if you ask anyone they probably pop a couple of GSO drills that are smaller, weight a lot less, are more movement/terrain friendly and are cheaper to replace . but do the same thing.

so right now GC weapons potential is being wasted.

-conclusion
    by making mines/rich ore deposits bigger. and allowing the mining equipment (that is most of the GC weapons) actually be able to perform their true function.
    not only you would reinvigorate interest in GC corp as something more than just "big blocks". but would also give the players a new way to approach TT.

@Matt can you pass this one to the dev team please. thanks :)

Matt, Lord Zarnox and Sea_Kerman like this.
  2. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A festive dragon

Voted no, and I'll explain why;
    I don't think GeoCorp drills should be able to mine out underground resource seams because that would then make Auto Miners obsolete. Don't get me wrong, I think it's absurd too that GeoCorp cannot mine underground so therefore they should get their own autominer too.
    Also, I don't think GeoCorp drills are useless at present. GSO drills both only have ~100 HP each and to put that into perspective, a Component Factory has 8000. I find GSO drills fall off all the time if you 'crash' into what you want to mine, whereas GeoCorp drills do not. Also, GeoCorp is the only corporation with mining lasers which perform better than drills in that they can cut down a tree/rock/crystal before you touch it meaning there's a chance you mightn't need to slow down or stop to mine it. In addition, the new Gimbal Mounted Plasma Cutter has extremely potent combat applications.
    So in my opinion, GeoCorp weapons perform perfectly at being what they're meant to be.
    (Although I wouldn't praise the saws so much as the others...)

elfdrow and Lord Zarnox like this.
  3. elfdrow

elfdrow Well-Known Member

you do have a valid point @AstraTheDragon .

but I don't think making quarries would make a difference with auto miners.
    not all people like mobile bases. the same way some people will still prefer the passive way of gathering resources XD
    I'm just saying to add a more active way of doing it also ;)

also quarries would not be digging underground completely. that's why getting less resources from doing it this way than to mine for hours with auto miners.
    the only difference would be these resources would allow auto miners to be placed, and also active mining.

I get your point. but the thing with melee weapons right now is that the game right now is on the age the missiles T_T
    melee is not doing much when it comes to "one shot" weapons lol
    either you make a super durable tech to survive the first volley or 2 of missiles/explosive shots (like the megaton/gigaton/battleship cannon lol) which means reaching your target is going to be a test on your batteries and tech.
    or you make it nimble enough to get into melee range. but at the first missed key press you are done lol
    so it's not a priority right now. maybe as secondary defensive weapons they are useful. but not decisive.

and you gotta admit. that putting a GC weapon in a tech is going to limit your mobility no matter what tech it is XD
    and even when they fall and break. GSO drills cost peanuts to replace lol.

AstraTheDragon likes this.
  4. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

Mine underground maybe not (even if i still wait for a GC autominer) , but make the actual GC "weapons" (let's say tools) more terrain friendly , the only thing we can "mine" without too much problem are trees (except sometime) , but for rock it's often tricky , the weapons is too high so difficult to mine , or it's close the ground so take damage when traveling...