Way, way off topic....

Discussion in 'Ramblings' started by -=ROOSTER=-, Jul 14, 2018.

1. -=ROOSTER=-

-=ROOSTER=- Bock, bock, B"gAAK!!!

I launched Planet Nomads the other day just to see if they had made any significant changes recently and something kept giving me an odd but familiar feeling ,but i just couldn't put my finger on what it was. When I finally gave up trying to figure it out (which always seem to work for me) it came to me. The music is the exact same tune, but where in Terratech it's done with twangy guitar, in Planet Nomads it's done in a kind of deep, echoey, techno vibe to it. Sorry for wasting your time I was just curious if anyone else noticed it.

Lord Zarnox and Trebuchet88 like this.
  2. DaveDexterMusic

DaveDexterMusic Well-Known Member
    Beta Member

This is of interest to me of course :) Do you know what the track's called or where to find it? Be interesting to hear how close it is, these things happen in music.

3. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

Personally, I'd like to hear some music where all the notes are transposed to be half way between the pitch (on a logarithmic scale) of two standard notes. Chances are it will sound really weird, but it would be interesting to hear.

4. -=ROOSTER=-

I'll see if it mentions anything in the credits and let you know. It's in early access and doesn't have much documentation yet.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  5. -=ROOSTER=-

Check out Buckethead. I don't know if you are familiar with any of his work or not, but the guy is amazing. He experiments with some crazy different combinations of different tunings and scales of his own creation. With over 300 albums of his own, and another like 270 with other artists, you would be amazed at some of the things you can find that he has done.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  6. -=ROOSTER=-

To DaveDexterMusic, all that I was able to find for you was a reference to "sound & music designer Jakob Fuksa". And yes, the spelling is correct. LOL. The name of the studio is "Craneballs". I'm not sure, but I was thinking they are in Russia. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

7. Zeena

Zeena PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Is any of what you heard present in this video? I couldn't pick out anything that was similar to the TT tune though

8. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Can yo record a video and upload it to YouTube (doesn't matter if visually watermarked from free software, etc, just to hear what you mean).

QuackDuck likes this.
  9. QuackDuck

QuackDuck Duck

If you are using Windows 10, you can press Win+Alt+R to record a video without any watermarks, but you need to have a Xbox?/Microsoft? account first.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  10. -=ROOSTER=-

No, I didn't hear it in that. I have a copy of fraps around here somewhere, i'll install that and set it up so I can record. The only thing is, I don't know how long I will have to play before it comes up. It's one of those scripted event type things and I don't remember exactly what triggers it. I do know that it plays it during load screen sometimes so maybe I'll get lucky and it will play it right off the bat.

11. ZeroGravitas

Oh, and if you have a fairly recent NVidia GPU, you can probably install and use their GeForce Experience, for free (it's what I currently record with). That has a record buffer, so you can capture the previous 5 minutes, to be sure you don't miss it, etc. (AMD probably have software too.)

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  12. -=ROOSTER=-

Man, I'm kind of at a loss here. I played it for 3 hrs today, and never heard it once. It's either associated with a certain biome, or action that i'm missing. Something could have got changed with the last update I suppose, but I doubt it. Maybe one of the devs, or someone familiar with Unity's file system could tell me where such things are located and the file extension they use so i could find them manually. Just an idea, I know that if it was a game made with Unreal, or IDtech engine I would be able to do it that way, but I have no experience with Unity. I don't know what to tell you, except that I did try, and will try again tomorrow night.

Lord Zarnox likes this.
  13. ZeroGravitas

Or someone could just buy the planet Nomads OST on Steam or GOG for £3. Assuming it's one of those tracks:

-=ROOSTER=- and Lord Zarnox like this.
  14. Lord Zarnox

Lord Zarnox Founder of the IFTTES

Its been many months since I've done this, so it may be slightly wrong, but I believe you just need to extract one of the .assets files. I can't remember which one for sure though.

15. -=ROOSTER=-

Best idea I've heard so far. The world is massive in that game and it could literally take days to hit all those places. I don't know though... that would be the smart, and logical thing to do. That could ruin my whole image. :D

the.nihilist likes this.
  16. the.nihilist

the.nihilist Semiprofessional Idler

And going on a days long journey to explore and 'treasure hunt' could be so much more fun. :D

-=ROOSTER=- likes this.