Was auto aim...

Azuratte

Feb 11, 2015
Was auto aim a pre thought out game mechanic or was it a temporary thing till someone stopped smashing their head against a table and came up with a great idea? Because with all the build on the fly stuff (super awesome... so super) I can see why there would be a lot of head smashing.

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
We've just tweaked the auto aim of the guns to be a little more 'reactive' - so see how you feel about it in the new update.

Auto aim was a design choice yes - but there are also ideas for weapons that need some sort of targeting floating around for some time in the future :)

Azuratte

Feb 11, 2015
Well thats cool, I don't hate the auto aim or anything. It adds a bit of a rush/panic to fights that is quite fun.
As for the future targeting thing, you lost me. I'm imagining some sort of "blob" mesh surrounding an enemy that you could tell the auto target to aim towards if clicked on. Kinda like, "localize gunz here!". Is this correct?

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Sep 16, 2014
London, UK
Well thats cool, I don't hate the auto aim or anything. It adds a bit of a rush/panic to fights that is quite fun.
As for the future targeting thing, you lost me. I'm imagining some sort of "blob" mesh surrounding an enemy that you could tell the auto target to aim towards if clicked on. Kinda like, "localize gunz here!". Is this correct?
We're not sure of the specifics at this stage - we just know it's something we want to experiment with :)

Mr.Bubba

Feb 7, 2015
A targeting laser block would be cool so you could tell where shots would go before you start firing. Giving control over where to fire would be a bonus.