Venture Reconfigurable Wheel-Track

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by grifferz, Jun 26, 2018.

1. grifferz

grifferz Member

As part of the Ground X-Vehicle Technologies (GXV-T) program to boot the survivability and mobility of Army combat vehicles, DARPA researchers whipped up high-tech Reconfigurable Wheel-Track (RWT) upgrades that “transition from a round wheel to a triangular track and back again while the vehicle is on the move” — in short, allowing Humvees to transform into tracked vehicles on the fly.​

DARPA Literally Reinvented The Wheel

I guess there'd have to be an algorithmic way of determining if the terrain under the wheeltrack better suits a wheel or a track, so it can automatically decide what to be. Maybe that could be as simple as the biome, and/or the amount of change in elevation in the very local area.

Aardvark123 and JimmyBlether like this.
  2. qwe2332

qwe2332 Well-Known Member

blocks that varies with biomes...did I get you right?

JimmyBlether likes this.
  3. grifferz

grifferz Member

The thing changes shape from a a circular wheel to a more triangular track based on the kind of terrain it's on. It's unclear to me if the real-world example does this automatically or if it is a manual action by the driver. In game it'd have to be automatic but I suspect it would be possible to tell which configuration it should be in based upon the terrain that's currently underneath it.

I am aware that no blocks currently have any real sort of movement except for cosmetic animations, so that would be an issue as the edges of the track configuration should really meet the terrain realistically.

4. Nyaruko

Nyaruko The Crawling Chaos

This sounds cool, I dont know if Venture would be the best choice of company to have them though, seems like something Hawkeye and/or GSO should have to me since Hawkeye has a military focus and GSO basically does a bit of everything.