Venture Adventurer

Discussion in 'Techs' started by ChromeTitan, May 20, 2018.

1. ChromeTitan

ChromeTitan Well-Known Member

This is a Venture themed utility tech. It's light on armor, batteries, and firepower. It more than makes up for that with utility. I don't know if I'll post much on here. I think this should be here though, in case the new players want a mobile tech capable of infinite resource storage and producing any part in the game.
    *Additionally a seamless swap to GSO scrappers/fabricators can be done, if you so desire. Hawkeye might be problem since their scrappers are 3 blocks wide. It can also be modified for GeoCorp scrappers and fabricators by adding ramps before the silos on each side. It does make it quite wide though...

Before we get started, pretty sweet looking base eh?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Surprise! it's actually the exact tech I was talking about!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  2. ChromeTitan

Here it is with some better lighting! so you can see how it works!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ChromeTitan

As a total utility tech I'll break it down into 3 parts, storage, fabrication, and misc.

Before you get started set it up for speed, and production! The pace maker can be seen inside the tech here. Next to the other utility components (altimeter, energy gauge, fuel gauge, and cpu cab). Set each fabricator on the side to produce a compressed block of their respective resource (you can tell which resource by the filter before each fabricator).
    [​IMG]
    Part 1 Storage.

The storage path goes as follows.
    Collection > Staging > Utility Silos > Refinement > Staging > Production (or selling if staging is full)

On the front right edge of the tech is a large silo, a receiver, and a collector. The receiver helps if you just want to use it as a base. The collector picks stuff up on the go!
    [​IMG]
    The first part of staging is here! If you want to gather up lots of resources, set the filter on the silo to nothing. If you want to deposit everything as soon as you get it, leave it set to everything. This also shows the 2nd way of collection, and that is purging the manufacturing loop. The filter going up will purge the manufacturing loop if you want to make a bunch of components and store them in the utility silos.
    [​IMG]
    There is also a scrapper for every corp. here as well. This is the last way to collect resources.
    [​IMG]
    The third part is the utility silos! These are self sorting silos that have filters in front of them so you can control what gets to them! The base vehicle is setup for 1 of each resource type, and a large mixed for components. If you want you can set them to components as well for faster production.
    [​IMG]
    The fourth part is refinement. After pieces can no longer enter the utility silos (aka full or set for a different use) they go to the refinery. Refined materials and components are sorted out here. Also if you wish to sell components from the mixed silo another filter is there to do so.
    [​IMG]

4. ChromeTitan

The fifth part is staging MKII. materials will flow into the silos in front of the fabricators on the left side. Once those are full all others are sent to the mobile orbital cannon for selling. Set each fabricator to produce their respective compressed material. Then anchor the tech and the final part of storage is complete. It will produce a compressed block which will be picked up. The small silo also helps with overflow so you can scrap other corps. compressed blocks and turn them into venture.
    [​IMG]

Part 2 fabrication:
    This is a little easier. Though you got to keep those scrappers fed.
    The other side of the tech has 1 scrapper for each resource, and a small silo to store them.
    [​IMG]
    Fully Loaded
    [​IMG]
    There is also a refinery hidden below the main collection area. So fresh resources can be used without needing to turn them into compressed bricks and scrapping them.
    [​IMG]
    Behind the scrappers on the center of the tech is the component production.I had them going left to right but I thought it took to long for them to reach each other. This is nearly instant between each component producer. Sometimes things need to make the loop though. It's still pretty fast I would say.
    [​IMG]
    Things are produced out the back end.
    [​IMG]

5. ChromeTitan

Part 3 Misc.
    Near the orbital cannon is another filter. This is for fuel for 3x mobile furnaces. So you don't need the sun to charge your batteries. Turn this off if you want to sell fibron, or change fuel types for more energy!
    [​IMG]
    There is an armored turning anchor on the bottom. This allows it to become not only a base, but a base capable of defending itself. The entire bottom has middle row of batteries and a couple fuel tanks also covered up by armor plating.
    [​IMG]
    If the front drill starts being a pain there is an open spot next to the mining helmet in the back right side. Also near the collection area are a couple of power supply units to supply other techs with power when they drop off resources. Hawkeye shielding covers the front and back, not the sides though. Healing covers everything. So runaway or attack head on!
    [​IMG]
    It also has a neat little pilot area where you can oversee the whole operation.
    [​IMG]

6. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

Looks pretty cool (form a very quick look). Gotta love mobile factory techs that do everything.:D

How do you use the scrappers? Are they dedicated one per compressed resource block type? (Like my "CFS Perhonen" system.):)

Have you shared the tech on the Workshop, too?

7. ChromeTitan

Thanks, yes there is one scrapper for each resource. I was inspired by a couple techs I saw on here (probably yours haha) and combined it with the mobile compressed storage tech idea I had. So it basically has infinite resource capacity and can make anything on the move.

I should share it on the workshop. Good call.

ZeroGravitas likes this.