[v1.0] F5 Crash

BlackSun

Well, just as the name suggests. Hit F5 for insta-crash. Fun! Works anytime, anywhere. Even on loading screens while launching the game!

And, when you do it within an actual mode, it suggests sending the crash report, which I did.
Just save your game first if you have unsaved progress...

Now, does "anchor tech" come with a secret hotkey to press, or do I absolutely have to click it with the mouse...? Would like to use these to "park" my techs so they don't skid away.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Hit F5 for insta-crash.
For me this just brings up the Steam overlay to select a friend to invite.

Are you on PC with the Steam version too?

Have you got steam overlay enabled/disabled? (Doesn't crash for me when disabled, either.)

Are your GPU drivers (in particular) up to date? Windows updates too?

Tried verifying the game cache, through Steam? Or uninstall, reinstall?

Can you upload you output_log.txt file too (although if the devs know which in-game bug report you sent that might be just as good).

Thanks for the report.

BlackSun

Ah. It's probably fine, only affects the GoG Version I think. That steam stuff got removed from the game, but the key is still mapped, evidently. Install is fresh and intact, happens on two Win7 systems. The game seems to expect Steam API to be available for F5 or something, I guess.

kae

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Heya BlackSun, thanks for letting us know about this!

F5 is bound to the steam 'invite a player' menu which isn't correctly disabled in the GOG version like you say and causes the game to crash, unfortunately we're no longer supporting GOG updates, but I'll see what we can do about getting a bug fix patch for this issue.

Cheers!

BlackSun

(...) unfortunately we're no longer supporting GOG updates, but I'll see what we can do about getting a bug fix patch for this issue.
Woah woah, waitwhat?

What exactly does that mean? Just no active support for bugs, but still updates and the multiplayer-less version with all content...
Or literally, nothing further than the current version, no new content, ever?
The Steamless Humble-Release, too...?

And, one thing in particular - I'm playing on the "Super Ultra Wide" monitor from Samsung (3840 x 1080), can I expect the GUI patch for wider resolutions to come over to GoG once that's done? Or am I stuck with blinders left and right, forever?

Last edited:

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hey @BlackSun,

So GOG made this announcement on their forum which explains the decision to remove TerraTech from the GOG store.

Essentially there will be no further GOG updates post 1.0 aside from important bug fixes, such as the one you've mentioned in this thread.

BlackSun

Yeah, I'mma call BS on that. It's been a year by now, and it still has not been fixed. They completely abandoned GoG.

Before Terra Tech left GoG, I've been playing Dying Light and, lately, No Man's Sky both in multiplayer just fine, over here. GoG does have Multiplayer, and it does work. Smaller studios get their stuff to work, Stardew Valley for example has multiplayer, even crossplay with Steam.

I bought Terra Tech TWICE. Once on Humble, once on GoG, because I thought the studio deserved the money.
All the bugfixes, new parts and features, and I'm not even talking about multiplayer here which was in no way integral to those elements of the game, never made it over to GoG. We paid the same amount of money as anyone else, I was with them from 2015 onwards and spread the word about this "awesome new game".

They didn't even go, "hey guys, listen, we can't get Multiplayer to work on GoG for now, but we will figure this out and patch all of this stuff in as soon as we did."... No, they turned around and backstabbed all of us over on GoG instead, that's what they did. No refunds, no nothing.

Until they patch up / re-release Terra Tech on GoG, with all of the new features and fixes, I'll do whatever I can to warn others of their shady as {removed by moderator} cutthroat strategy of milking people for money and then dumping them. I really thought they deserved my money, buying the game twice. Now, looking at all the new parts and features we never got...?

I was wrong. And it {removed by moderator} hurts.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
@BlackSun - I've edited your post to remove expletives - because rules. I feel like awarding warning point would be petty. I appreciate your frustration. I'm not a dev, so maybe you could privately message @Matt if you'd like to push matters further. Thanks.

Last edited: