[v1.0] F5 Crash

Discussion in 'TT Stable & Console Bugs' started by BlackSun, Oct 3, 2018.

1. BlackSun

BlackSun Well-Known Member

Well, just as the name suggests. Hit F5 for insta-crash. Fun! Works anytime, anywhere. Even on loading screens while launching the game!

And, when you do it within an actual mode, it suggests sending the crash report, which I did.
    Just save your game first if you have unsaved progress...

Now, does "anchor tech" come with a secret hotkey to press, or do I absolutely have to click it with the mouse...? Would like to use these to "park" my techs so they don't skid away.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

For me this just brings up the Steam overlay to select a friend to invite.

Are you on PC with the Steam version too?

Have you got steam overlay enabled/disabled? (Doesn't crash for me when disabled, either.)

Are your GPU drivers (in particular) up to date? Windows updates too?

Tried verifying the game cache, through Steam? Or uninstall, reinstall?

Can you upload you output_log.txt file too (although if the devs know which in-game bug report you sent that might be just as good).

Thanks for the report.

Legionite likes this.
  3. BlackSun

Ah. It's probably fine, only affects the GoG Version I think. That steam stuff got removed from the game, but the key is still mapped, evidently. Install is fresh and intact, happens on two Win7 systems. The game seems to expect Steam API to be available for F5 or something, I guess.

ZeroGravitas likes this.
  4. kae

kae PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Heya BlackSun, thanks for letting us know about this!

F5 is bound to the steam 'invite a player' menu which isn't correctly disabled in the GOG version like you say and causes the game to crash, unfortunately we're no longer supporting GOG updates, but I'll see what we can do about getting a bug fix patch for this issue.

Cheers!

ZeroGravitas and Adriano like this.
  5. BlackSun

Woah woah, waitwhat?

What exactly does that mean? Just no active support for bugs, but still updates and the multiplayer-less version with all content...
    Or literally, nothing further than the current version, no new content, ever?
    The Steamless Humble-Release, too...?

And, one thing in particular - I'm playing on the "Super Ultra Wide" monitor from Samsung (3840 x 1080), can I expect the GUI patch for wider resolutions to come over to GoG once that's done? Or am I stuck with blinders left and right, forever?

#5 BlackSun, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    ZeroGravitas likes this.
  6. Matt

Matt PAYLOAD STUDIOS

Hey @BlackSun,

So GOG made this announcement on their forum which explains the decision to remove TerraTech from the GOG store.

Essentially there will be no further GOG updates post 1.0 aside from important bug fixes, such as the one you've mentioned in this thread.

kae and ZeroGravitas like this.