Updating Forums to Xenforo 2

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
Hi Everyone!

We'll be updating the forums to Xenforo 2 on Thursday!

Some important things to note:
  • The forums will be offline from 11.00 GMT 17/01/2019 until 17.30 GMT 18/01/2019.
  • You will be logged out. When the update is complete you'll need to log back in.
  • Everything will carry over, including threads, attachments, profiles etc. So you don't need to worry about backing anything up.
  • Not all the the styles (themes) will carry over. We'll make sure there are a couple of familiar styles in Xenforo 2 but we'll add more as time goes on.
Feel free to use this thread to ask questions or discuss the update.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Not all the the styles (themes) will carry over. We'll make sure there are a couple of familiar styles in Xenforo 2 but we'll add more as time goes on.
As long as there's a light-ish one with less harsh contrast than "bright", please - "TT Blueprint 1.0" is the only one my eyes can stand.

Good luck; I know there can be a lot of issues updating Xenforo, so fingers crossed.:)

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Eventually all the themes will make it over so it'll be like nothing happened.
How's it going @Matt? Are you still working on adding more styles to the updated forum? (Good job so far.)

As I've said before, my eyes can't really stand any of these "Bright" or "Dark" themes (part of why I've been absent the last couple weeks). Too glary and high contrast and the dark leaving after-images of the white text on my retinas. o_O

Can you add back something in the middle-ground, like the old, old default. Preferably with partial transparencies (as I talked about with @DoubleThePsycho when he was fiddling with the styles last year):

I know it's uninspired to stay similar, but I really like it like that - it's softer on the eyes, and looks kind of soft-focus, so draws the eye naturally to the post/reply text bodies.

Matt

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
How's it going @Matt? Are you still working on adding more styles to the updated forum? (Good job so far.)

As I've said before, my eyes can't really stand any of these "Bright" or "Dark" themes (part of why I've been absent the last couple weeks). Too glary and high contrast and the dark leaving after-images of the white text on my retinas. o_O

Can you add back something in the middle-ground, like the old, old default. Preferably with partial transparencies (as I talked about with @DoubleThePsycho when he was fiddling with the styles last year):
Sorry @ZeroGravitas, it'll be a while before we get a chance to add any more styles. Mainly because it's a very manual process and we're pretty busy with other stuff right now.

I'll hopefully have some time in a couple of weeks.

i still can't see my own message in forums being published :(
what should i do? I think i verified my email account :(