Update Preview - 0.7.9.1

harpo99999

Ah kick till it starts
Aug 14, 2014
australia
I haven't been with TT since day one but I think this is the longest span between updates I can recall. Or it might be tied with a previous one from about two years ago...not positive. Either way it's really got me curious as to what sorts of heresy the canaries are being subjected to.
as one of the kicking starters, I can say this is the longest time between major versions to date, the longest in the past was from 0.6.0 on 23rd march 2016 to 0.6.1 on 30th june 2016 or just over three months. and regarding the canary's getting stuff, I remember reading in the past six months or so that canaries are not getting much as they just seem to get a day or two before us non-canaries

XxRaR3WiLlSxX

Apr 21, 2018
a recent update has trapped my unsaved base inside the ground... please help. i will be sending a snapshot in soon, also dont be checking twitter i don't have on... yet.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Jun 29, 2017
UK
www.youtube.com
Either way it's really got me curious as to what sorts of heresy the canaries are being subjected to.
All quiet here too, Cap'n.:( (No canary branch since early MP testing.) Seems it's all internally tested for the moment.

a recent update has trapped my unsaved base inside the ground... please help.
Please go make a report in one of the bugs sections.:) Check out this guide on where to put it and what additional information to include, if you're able. Cheers.

the devs are working on something very big and very secretive.
Interesting... A new game mode, perhaps. Probably MP, but would be cool if a full AI tournament scenario mode... (Still dreaming of that, but can't really happen until AI is fixed/completed anyway.)

Last edited:

Captain Load

Mar 8, 2016
Campaign multiplayer would be a great surprise, no question, but I keep thinking some changes to the crafting system might be more desirable first. Right now there's not much reason to build anything. The only reason to anchor your mobile base is to scrap blocks or to activate generators. Most of the rarer or more limited blocks show up as loot well before you can unlock them for purchase or fabrication, and when they do finally unlock you'll have lots of BB to buy whatever you need. People need reasons to actually build things and spend BB other than buying the occasional rare block.

Reactions: Soviet_Samuelson

BroBane

Sep 24, 2015
Hopefully, it is something to do with the admittedly horrible controls and UI. That is something that people have been asking for for ages, and I hope it will be changed, in the near future.

Deutsche Würfel

I look good in this dress.
Jun 19, 2017
Hopefully, it is something to do with the admittedly horrible controls and UI. That is something that people have been asking for for ages, and I hope it will be changed, in the near future.
Not BIG enough. And they workng on MP.
got to be some fo that.

Captain Load

Mar 8, 2016
Only real UI complaints I have are the removal of remap capabilities on some hotkeys and the bizarre flight controls. I also kinda miss the mission tracker.

WhitePaw2002

Aceba1
Jan 7, 2016
North-east America
github.com
*Keeps words in mouth*
I'm very interested, I thought MP was something huge for the game (not so much, apparently) I would love to see optimization...
Not everyone likes murdering eachother non-stop on an enclosed constant battlefield. And not everyone likes what certain hosts do in the deathmatch mode. I think people would still want MP, but possibly not just one version of it.

It's still young, and as I was told, "don't shake the baby". (Probably connected to me spawning blocks and flooding the battlefield.)

We just have to be patient for it to grow.

TheSpaceMan

Mammoth walker
Jan 5, 2018
Space,probably
The intent is to provide TerraTechers with a sense of pride and accomplishment for opening crates and collecting different blocks. (JK)
Not everyone likes murdering eachother non-stop on an enclosed constant battlefield. And not everyone likes what certain hosts do in the deathmatch mode. I think people would still want MP, but possibly not just one version of it.

It's still young, and as I was told, "don't shake the baby". (Probably connected to me spawning blocks and flooding the battlefield.)

We just have to be patient for it to grow.
True, true. I love this game, but coop creative (is in fact there), coop "campaign" (more likely open-world), and a possible wave mode for MP would be epic, but deathmatch is important too. But I'll happily wait for the update to come out and the game to unfold. So yeah, thats my opinion of that.

Lord Zarnox

Founder of the IFTTES
May 31, 2017
Australia
Maybe they could make a sumo mode for multiplayer. They would still be fully AI controlled in battle, but for the building part, there would be a time limit, and each player can see what their opponent(s) is/are building, and can attempt to design their tech to exploit their opponent's weaknesses, all while trying to protect against the opponent's designs.
This would both revive sumo from being a currently unpopular game mode, while also providing a lot of excitement and a good challenge to each participating player.

JimmyBlether

Regrettably Inactive (long term)
Jul 31, 2017
Somewhere off the map
tinyurl.com
Maybe they could make a sumo mode for multiplayer. They would still be fully AI controlled in battle, but for the building part, there would be a time limit, and each player can see what their opponent(s) is/are building, and can attempt to design their tech to exploit their opponent's weaknesses, all while trying to protect against the opponent's designs.
This would both revive sumo from being a currently unpopular game mode, while also providing a lot of excitement and a good challenge to each participating player.
YES!

Also, how and why is it unpopular?

{insert_name_here}

[REDACTED]
Mar 15, 2017
nowhere
I think another reason why it’s unpopular is that you have to have a Twitter account to compete against other players, and the audience for this game is quite young so not many people have Twitter.

If the developers turn Sumo into a proper multiplayer gamemode and fix it up/make some improvements (like what @Lord Zarnox suggested), then people would actually participate in it.