Update 0.7.7 available now on Steam.

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
Nice video @Zeena. Very stylish. I like the emphasis on the pronunciation of "Ess See You"; none of this "Skew" nonsense.;)

And is this why the forums have seemed dead today?; does the dev team all head down the pub for a well deserved celebration of the completion of another update cycle?:p:cool::)

Jamie

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
And is this why the forums have seemed dead today?; does the dev team all head down the pub for a well deserved celebration of the completion of another update cycle?:p:cool::)
Nope. By the time you guys see the Update video for a Stable release -- the team are already working on the next update.

JimmyBlether

A Kerbal Demon
Website
tinyurl.com
Nope. By the time you guys see the Update video for a Stable release -- the team are already working on the next update.
That didn't take long!

Well, invaders still spawn in grasslands. Discovered it last night. I am on my phone now so no pics and I don't know if I can supply an output log.

harpo99999

ah kick till it starts
and I will be extending the post again as I have had another invader in the grasslands in the same game (and a couple of minutes later it CRASHED (no dump set have not grabbed the log YET, and will attach to the update (btw also had a case of a base tech embedding in the terrain next to a trading post (was the defending turret), so that bug is still in the game as well))

Website
duckduckgo.com
The smoke trails from mobile generators and the fire trail for the cake decoration seems to have been removed, is this intentional or a bug?
I personally liked it when those blocks left trails of smoke/fire behind, it looked cool.

peterb39

The smoke trails from mobile generators and the fire trail for the cake decoration seems to have been removed, is this intentional or a bug?
I personally liked it when those blocks left trails of smoke/fire behind, it looked cool.
maybe it caused lag for some people

ZeroGravitas

Breaker of Games
Website
www.youtube.com
I suspect it would be related to the bugs with persistent smoke, like the one you reported @QuackDuck (and in general). :p;)
When I placed a refinery from my SCU, I noticed something odd.
The smoke animation kept on playing even though the refinery was not refining or doing anything.
There are issues in the game currently with smoke effects seeming to outstay their welcome.

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
@QuackDuck Definitely a bug, they should not produce smoke unless working. I've tried to repeat the issue with the save you uploaded elsewhere, but no luck so far.

@ZeroGravitas As far as I'm aware, these weren't removed. I think the only work done to the smoke effects was to fix the issue where smoke trails from missiles were misaligned.

Website
duckduckgo.com
QuackDuck Definitely a bug, they should not produce smoke unless working. I've tried to repeat the issue with the save you uploaded elsewhere, but no luck so far.
Huh, strange. With the same save in 0.7.7, the refineries infinitely produce smoke randomly, sometimes when I place them from the SCU, sometimes when I return from a long journey. Maybe I should update my bug post.
@ZeroGravitas As far as I'm aware, these weren't removed. I think the only work done to the smoke effects was to fix the issue where smoke trails from missiles were misaligned.
Should I make another bug thread? I seem to be finding all the minor graphical bugs...

Adriano

PAYLOAD STUDIOS
@QuackDuck Yeah, might as well create a new thread in the Bugs forum please. Link to the other one if you can. Also, do you know if you're swapping between game modes when you notice this happening? Cheers :)