Unstable Version

Discussion in 'Community Help, Questions and Guides' started by callen0942, Oct 28, 2018.

1. callen0942

callen0942 Well-Known Member

Who all run the unstable version? I run the released version and thought about switching over to the unstable version. Can you switch back and forth? Will I have to start over on the unstable version? Is it more fun??

AstraTheDragon likes this.
  2. ZeroGravitas

ZeroGravitas Breaker of Games

About 5% for TerraTech players use the unstable.

You can switch back and forth freely (I do it quite a lot). See instructions here.
    The main issue is that you can never open a save game in an older version of the game, so you can't go back from 1.0.0.7 to 1.0, for example. You'd have to wait for 1.0.1 stable, to get off the unstable branch with your campaign. You can pretty much always go forwards fine, though.

Snapshots load fine in older versions of the game (provided they have the blocks involved).

Another issue is that the location of save files was moved recently, but that won't be an issue going forwards.

Galrex, callen0942 and AstraTheDragon like this.
  3. AstraTheDragon

AstraTheDragon A dapper dragon

Most people on the Discord server play on the unstable because it gets newer content sooner. It's no less stable than the stable version in my experience. It does though rarely have major bugs such as wireless charging breaking, but I've always played unstable and survived fine. I would recommend playing on the unstable version.

4. DrShadox

DrShadox GeoCorp worker

Also idk for you but for me wireless charger work in unstable now.

5. callen0942

callen0942 Well-Known Member

I will try the unstable version. Really want some of the experimental weapons & blocks to try. Thanks for help!

AstraTheDragon likes this.